The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Speaking of smoke...yesterday I came across an interesting interactive map on wildfires. I just typed Wyoming wildfires today as a search into Bing and it came up. You can click on the fire icons and get all sorts of interesting info (how big, contained or not, cost to date, etc.).

The same search works for Minnesota too. I haven't checked other states but maybe something similar comes up.

This is today's WY map:

View attachment 2782785
Sadly I have been watching maps like this for California for several years now

GS for the win Sour!!!

How is it even possible that our son is approaching his 40th
I don't know given you and Sue are only 49!!

That's a whole lot of birthday cake :D
Sure is! 3 a week.

Our Swallow pair are also back, inspecting their old nest.
Sure sign of spring!!! Our swallows and their families are still around. Sign of fall will be when they leave.

Sad that some people have no tact, and that they belittle others to make themselves feel good.
Wow, I'm glad I haven't tripped into those forums.

It is 94 outside heading to 99 or so today.
So you are having a cool period!

Look how high up she is (the yellow circle where she's tucked herself away):
Send the feisty boy up the tree :D

Good morning Debby , It's good thing water don't burn . The only trouble is I don't have a boat to mow the lawn here . 😍

I've been obsessed with these interactive maps since my baby is moving to Colorado. Lol.
We are more in danger of drowning here in east Texas, this year. It is raining again! We are still under a heat advisory, so I guess we will have steam later.

Mark and Janie, sounds like you guys are getting enough rain to do you for a while! Boats may be a good idea.

One of the WY fires in the NE part of the state is a burning gas seam. DH told me when he grew up in CT, there was one that burned for about 30 years. Hope the one here doesn't last that long.

I was rudely woken up by the howling wind at 1.50am and couldn't get back to sleep so it's going to be a long day. Its still very windy but not as bad as it was.

Hope everyone is having a great day.

I'm all mixed up on what your time is now Jae, but if it's too late in the day for a nap, hope you get a good night's sleep (when it's night where you are).

Back
Top Bottom