The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Good morning folks :frow

:frow Good morning DMC, have a great day

:frow Good morning Debby, have a great day... Cupcakes look awesome :drool

:frow Good morning Janie, have a great day

:frow Good morning Mark, have a great day
Good morning Bob, you also!
Good morning, Everyone.

Given enough time, I'm betting you could.
Good morning Sour!

Good morning Bob, Sue, Mark, and Sour.

20210423_063901.jpg

Im glad it was only wild turkeys, Mark..
A few weeks ago, the roosters and hens were making an awful racket. They, fortunately, were still in their runs. This guy was just sitting there, near the hen houses, and didn't move at all, when I came out. Obviously, he was very ill. My husband shot and buried him. 😪
I called the county wildlife office, they said we are having a higher percentage of distemper in the racoon population this year. I felt bad for the racoon, but happy that my husband was here to do the deed. He is a good shot, me not so much.

Good morning everyone 😊

Good morning all.
Good morning DMC 😊
Good morning everyone, hope you all have a great Sunday!
Good morning Debby 😊
Good morning, DMC!

Good morning, Debby. Happy Sunday to you too!

Good morning you all!
Good morning Janie 😊
Hi DMC ,

Good morning everyone . Hi Debby those cupcakes look good :drool

Hi Janie , Have a good day .
Good morning Mark 😊
Good morning, Everyone.

Given enough time, I'm betting you could.
Good morning Sour 😊

What do you all think of this cockrel/pullet? I haven't posted it on breed/gender forum.
I was sure it was a cockrel. It is 14 to 15 weeks old now. I thought I saw red on a wing, a few weeks ago, but can't find it now. The comb is pink and has been for a couple of weeks, it hasn't developed any further. The cockrel beside it is the same age. (Same father, mothers are a large olive egger and a brahma) Any guesses?
Either way it has a home, I just don't know whether to rehome it with a few hens or with a brother. The couple who requested it does want a cockrel, but may not have room for two males.
Screenshot_20210924-153352_Gallery.jpg

20210924_153008.jpg

20210925_071735.jpg

Good morning Bob, Sue, Mark, and Sour.

View attachment 2846967
Im glad it was only wild turkeys, Mark..
A few weeks ago, the roosters and hens were making an awful racket. They, fortunately, were still in their runs. This guy was just sitting there, near the hen houses, and didn't move at all, when I came out. Obviously, he was very ill. My husband shot and buried him. 😪
I called the county wildlife office, they said we are having a higher percentage of distemper in the racoon population this year. I felt bad for the racoon, but happy that my husband was here to do the deed. He is a good shot, me not so much.

That's not the kind of visitor anyone needs. Glad your husband took care of him and your flock was ok!

What do you all think of this cockrel/pullet? I haven't posted it on breed/gender forum.
I was sure it was a cockrel. It is 14 to 15 weeks old now. I thought I saw red on a wing, a few weeks ago, but can't find it now. The comb is pink and has been for a couple of weeks, it hasn't developed any further. The cockrel beside it is the same age. (Same father, mothers are a large olive egger and a brahma) Any guesses?
Either way it has a home, I just don't know whether to rehome it with a few hens or with a brother. The couple who requested it does want a cockrel, but may not have room for two males.
View attachment 2847011
View attachment 2847020
View attachment 2847022

I'm going to guess it's a pullet Janie. But I'm in no way an expert so let's see what others think. Both are pretty birds!

View attachment 2847011
View attachment 2847020
View attachment 2847022
I am going to guess, pullet. I am not an expert but I had a hen that I thought was a cockerel until she was 20 weeks old. So, that's my guess.

Back
Top Bottom