The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

I hope you have a great hatch! What incubator did you buy?
It's a Rcom KingSuro Eco 20. Incubators are expensive by the time they get down here, but it sounds like a good one and looks super easy to clean. I like hand turning my eggs so I don't need something super fancy (it does have a stand you fit on it to prop it on an angle, then flip the whole thing over to 'turn' the eggs, but hand turning is fine by me). Otherwise, for a similar price, I was looking at the polystyrene Hova-Bators (not so easy to clean).

Have fun with your little visitors tomorrow. 💗

I'll be checking the cockatiel nestboxes this afternoon. There were a couple of eggs (in different boxes) that have pipped and we could hear squeaking. They are the eggs from the nest where the hen died so I'm eager to see what hatches as they were my only pair that would produce white babies and I have someone wanting a white female baby. :fl The cock bird now has a new mate after I redistributed his eggs around the other nests. She's a white female as well (my only other one) but I'm not 100% sure that she's overly keen to be a mother.

I'm hoping there's also a male hiding in one of their five precious eggs as he would be carrying the lutino mutation.

The boys are so cute the way they eagerly accept eggs back after I've had a look and carefully tuck them back under themselves. In one nest the hen was in there laying yet another egg (she's prolific) so she was less amused at me messing around in there, so I was very careful there as they can bite hard when they think they need to.

Another egg was early enough along that you could see the little heart beating which is amazing to see. 🥰

I'll be checking the cockatiel nestboxes this afternoon. There were a couple of eggs (in different boxes) that have pipped and we could hear squeaking. They are the eggs from the nest where the hen died so I'm eager to see what hatches as they were my only pair that would produce white babies and I have someone wanting a white female baby. :fl The cock bird now has a new mate after I redistributed his eggs around the other nests. She's a white female as well (my only other one) but I'm not 100% sure that she's overly keen to be a mother.

I'm hoping there's also a male hiding in one of their five precious eggs as he would be carrying the lutino mutation.

The boys are so cute the way they eagerly accept eggs back after I've had a look and carefully tuck them back under themselves. In one nest the hen was in there laying yet another egg (she's prolific) so she was less amused at me messing around in there, so I was very careful there as they can bite hard when they think they need to.

Another egg was early enough along that you could see the little heart beating which is amazing to see. 🥰

Can't wait to see what you get Jae, hope all goes well! :fl

Back
Top Bottom