The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Does anyone know how to reset an internal alarm? Mine seems to be set at 2am.
Move here, then it will be 4 AM which is still ridiculously early but better than 2!!

We picked all of our squash last night.
Looks like quite the haul, sorry about the frost. I have a giant volunteer butternut in the compost bins with 6 squash. Not sure if they will get ripe by first frost (which amazingly has not yet happened) but a couple are mostly tan now, the rest still a fair amount of green. My Farmer's Market friend warned me to pick them before frost. Don't know just how "not green" they have to be. I guess any that aren't ripe will go to the chickens.

I'm about to put a song in your heads.
I WOULD guess Purple Haze but if I was right I'd have to take a rooster so I'm not guessing!

Thank you!
Move here, then it will be 4 AM which is still ridiculously early but better than 2!!

Looks like quite the haul, sorry about the frost. I have a giant volunteer butternut in the compost bins with 6 squash. Not sure if they will get ripe by first frost (which amazingly has not yet happened) but a couple are mostly tan now, the rest still a fair amount of green. My Farmer's Market friend warned me to pick them before frost. Don't know just how "not green" they have to be. I guess any that aren't ripe will go to the chickens.

I WOULD guess Purple Haze but if I was right I'd have to take a rooster so I'm not guessing!
Mine would have been ripe sooner if we hadn’t gotten all that hail. It hurt the vines really bad.

:frow Good morning Bruce, have a great day

We will have two of the younger set, after lunch, today. The day is starting wrong, our septic alarm went off this morning and won't shut off, unless the breaker is flipped. I hope we can get someone out to fix it this weekend.

Yikes, that's not the way to start your day! Hope it's fixed quickly!

Good morning. :frow

Good morning Sour, hope you have a great weekend!

We picked all of our squash last night. We got hit with our first frost the night before. I suppose it won’t store well now so I will be cooking and freezing today.
View attachment 2867769

Yowza, that's a lot of squash!

Good morning folks :frow

:frow Good morning Debby, have a great day

:frow Good morning DMC, have a great day

:frow Good morning Janie, have a great day

:frow Good morning Mark, have a great day

:frow Good morning Sour, have a great day

It also cans well in a medium syrup.

Good morning Bob, enjoy your weekend!

Good morning everyone 😊 Happy Saturday

Good morning Debby 😊 enjoy your day

Good morning DMC 😊 your going to be busy, that's a lot of squash 😮

Good morning Janie 😊 have fun with the kids !

Good morning Mark 😊 enjoy your day

Good morning Sour 😊 enjoy your day

Good morning Sue, have a great day!

Good morning, Sue, Mark, Bob, and Sour.

It is 52 here this morning. Hot dignity dog! I'm ready for winter!
I'm about to put a song in your heads.
Hints:
1. Purple
3. 70s classic rock radio
2. Played by every high school marching band in the U.S. from the mid 70s through the 80s.
View attachment 2867784
Free rooster to the winner!

Pretty picture!

I'm not guessing on the song, I don't want to win a rooster :lol:

I went to a friends yesterday and I knew she got chickens this spring. I didn’t notice them when I first drove in cuz this was my first time at her place. When I got in the house we were talking in the kitchen and I happened to look out the window and made a comment…oh there your chickens are. I watched them a little bit and said what’s the matter with your chicken? She looked out and at the same time we both said that’s a hawk. As you can see her cage was not made very well. Two were missing. One was dead. The chickens in there were not freaked out at all. Unbelievable! We thought the hawk was injured the way he was moving in there. We got the cage moved enough to get the hawk on the outside and went back inside to wait for her FIL. I don’t know if they can pretend injury but he must have taken off cuz he was gone. One chicken came back and they caught it.

387E4061-E1DF-4D8A-B691-B0142A88E67D.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom