The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Good MOOrnin everyone :)

Hi Mad, I was hoping you'd show up so I could share this with you :lol:

cow patty.jpg

Morning Blooie :frow

The one I lost yesterday was a Cream Legbar. She was one of 3 and for the longest time I couldn't tell them apart so their names were Eenie, Meenie, Miney. (Then Miney grew a rose comb and became Rosey.)
View attachment 2970650

I still have one Wellsummer girl. She a funny little thing, she chatters to me and is the friendliest.

eta: I have a total of 4 chickens now, almost forgot the bossy white mixed one.
:hugs

I've officially decided that I'm going to start my own solo house cleaning service. My MIL1's friend was going to train me and possinky hire me but she said I don't have enough hours during the day. I am not an expert on cleaning products but I enjoy cleaning and I want to help others in a way I would like... if that makes sense so, my main focus would be to clean mainly for families of/or individuals of special needs, and the elderly.
Going to start off very slow, with maybe 1 customer..but in 5 years, I want to be established and already doing my thing.

Thanks for reading :lau

Good morning everyone :frow Hope your Monday is nice to you.

I'm always whining about the adobe mud in my yard when it rains or snows. But my pup Gertie loves playing in it.
That is until she has to stay in the mud room while she dries. She pouts and gives me that "poor poor pitiful me" look 🥺
View attachment 2969888
Wow, that makes me think of Todd when he decided it was a good idea to dig in the mud shortly after we brought him home. I'll see if I can find the picture 🙄
Lost one of my flock just a bit ago. When I first saw her this morning she was sitting in a nesting box and I thought maybe the long egg drought was over. But as the morning went on, her head and eyes sank lower and lower. DH was ready to dispatch her but she had already gone. RIP Eenie ❤️
I'm so sorry Debby :hugs :hugs
Good morning all.
Good morning DMC 😊
Good morning everyone!
Good morning, DMC.
Good morning Janie 😊
Good morning DMC, are you back to work today?

Morning Janie :frow I see where you're working about 10 hrs a week now...that's a nice schedule! Has MIL moved yet?
Good morning Debby 😊
Good morning Debby, DMC, Janie, :yesss: We have made it to 11 F.
Good morning Mark 😊
Good MOOrnin everyone :)
Good morning Mad 😊

Debby, isn’t it funny that I would remember the Wellsummers but forgot the Legbars? Old age?

Good morning, everyone!!

Keep fingers crossed for us today. Now that the front porch is usable, we have our appraisal at 9:30 this morning. After that, as soon as we pay the last of the construction fees, our construction loan can be rolled over to a conventional loan. We got our final bill from the excavation crew for the dirt work they’ve done building up and leveling the front and side yards and preparing the area for the ramp. That check is on its way to him. We’re just waiting on the contractor’s final bill and he’ll give us that as soon as he finishes the last few items on the punch list this week.

I hate that the yard is in such bad shape right now. It’s just dirt, still has construction debris all over it, and we didn’t get the chicken coop and run torn down. Stuff that we had to get out of the way so the trailer could be pulled out and the foundation dug is still leaning against the fence and the fence is basically slapped into place just enough to contain Fee and Rhubarb. Well, it is what it is……they need to expect that a home that was just built is going to be a mess outdoors. Can’t sod and plant flowers in the winter.

I've officially decided that I'm going to start my own solo house cleaning service. My MIL1's friend was going to train me and possinky hire me but she said I don't have enough hours during the day. I am not an expert on cleaning products but I enjoy cleaning and I want to help others in a way I would like... if that makes sense so, my main focus would be to clean mainly for families of/or individuals of special needs, and the elderly.
Going to start off very slow, with maybe 1 customer..but in 5 years, I want to be established and already doing my thing.

Thanks for reading :lau

If you took your cleaning biz on the road, I'd hire you!

Debby, isn’t it funny that I would remember the Wellsummers but forgot the Legbars? Old age?

Good morning, everyone!!

Keep fingers crossed for us today. Now that the front porch is usable, we have our appraisal at 9:30 this morning. After that, as soon as we pay the last of the construction fees, our construction loan can be rolled over to a conventional loan. We got our final bill from the excavation crew for the dirt work they’ve done building up and leveling the front and side yards and preparing the area for the ramp. That check is on its way to him. We’re just waiting on the contractor’s final bill and he’ll give us that as soon as he finishes the last few items on the punch list this week.

I hate that the yard is in such bad shape right now. It’s just dirt, still has construction debris all over it, and we didn’t get the chicken coop and run torn down. Stuff that we had to get out of the way so the trailer could be pulled out and the foundation dug is still leaning against the fence and the fence is basically slapped into place just enough to contain Fee and Rhubarb. Well, it is what it is……they need to expect that a home that was just built is going to be a mess outdoors. Can’t sod and plant flowers in the winter.

Morning Blooie :frow

Sometimes things have to get messier before they get better. You'll have that yard whipped into shape in no time once warm weather shows up!

Good morning DMC, are you back to work today?

Morning Janie :frow I see where you're working about 10 hrs a week now...that's a nice schedule! Has MIL moved yet?
Good morning, Debby.
Haha. No. Funny/sad story; we put a deposit on her apartment. She visited and loved the assisted living complex. But then, after getting back here, she started telling everyone that we were moving her into a bus!!! Her doctor refused to fill out the physical so that she could be admitted, because she told him she wasn't moving. I unfortunately, was working that day, so my dh took her. He isn't on her paperwork as a contact, I am. I called and explained to the nurse what was going on with her mental and physical state. I gave several reasons why she could not live by herself. (Falls, trying to touch hot surfaces, unable to turn water on and off, feeding 2 dozens feral cats in her back yard, calling the police on neighbors, etc. )
Mil called after that, and told the doctor that she wanted to move and asked that he complete the paperwork. They said they would fax the paperwork. So far, he hasn't done so, we are in limbo. If it isn't filled out next week we will lose the deposit! We are calling the office again Monday. She is getting harder to deal with, as she accuses us, delivery people, and grandchildren of stealing her clothes, shoes, makeup, phone, etc. frequently. She slams doors and beats on walls, especially at night. I'm not even sure that assisted living will work at this point. It's sad how quickly this came on. I'm trying to be patient, but it is very stressful having someone constantly berate you in your own home. My dh stays in the backroom or outside most of the time.
Sob story over! I have laundry and housework to do. Yay!!!

Back
Top Bottom