The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Jainie, I'm just starting my journey. Mom is alienating everyone and I fear it's not going to be long before I have to step in and force assisted living. She has no support structure at her home and she insists on living alone. She remembers things totally different than what they were and she can't stop complaining about things. All I can say is I have hugs for you. :hugs :hugs

Thanks for sharing that Bob. This is what I'm dealing with too. It's very frustrating, especially when the story changes depending on who is in the conversation. My mom plays us against each other and it's so destructive. It will be surprising if we all still speak to each other by the time mom is gone.

@janiedoe you have company similar with your situation. Don't know if that makes it any easier or not, but you have my admiration for the way you're dealing with it.
It's easy for me to say, but the thing you have to remember is that Mom is no longer 'Mom'. She is not in control of what is happening to her. I saw both of my sisters deal with their husbands. One gentle/kind man did a 180 personality wise. The other remained sweet but became a danger to himself and the house. I saw my sisters physically impacted by stress as they tried to deal with the situation. Mercifully both men had other health issues that resulted in their deaths. The Princess and I have talked about the possibility of having to deal with this and have also told our kids how we want them to deal. :fl

It's easy for me to say, but the thing you have to remember is that Mom is no longer 'Mom'. She is not in control of what is happening to her. I saw both of my sisters deal with their husbands. One gentle/kind man did a 180 personality wise. The other remained sweet but became a danger to himself and the house. I saw my sisters physically impacted by stress as they tried to deal with the situation. Mercifully both men had other health issues that resulted in their deaths. The Princess and I have talked about the possibility of having to deal with this and have also told our kids how we want them to deal. :fl

Good advice Sour, people change and it's not always under their control.

So in other news...

My weather forecast says it's going to snow tonight but less than an inch.

What they don't say is it's going to snow an inch (at least) tonight, another inch tomorrow and at least another inch Wednesday.

I'm expecting record breaking snowfalls :lol:
We have no snow in the forecast until a week from Wednesday and I’m ok with that. You break those records Debby:lol:

You have bunk beds in that guest room? Forget the tacos, just get those margaritas ready!
We have an entire travel trailer going to waste. Come on down!
Good morning folks :frow

So sorry Debby :hugs

:frow Good morning DMC, have a great day

:frow Good morning Jainie, have a great day

:frow Good morning Debby, have a great day

:frow Good morning Mark, have a great day

:frow Good morning Mad, have a great day

:frow Good morning Blooie, have a great day

@JaeG what a cute little girl.
Hi Bob.
That's a lot on your shoulders, Janie :hugs a really huge responsibility and you do a lot for her. I have you in my thoughts.

Yesssss!!!! Tacos can always be made later 😆
Bring the cow.
If we leave now, we can all be there for Taco Tuesday.
I cook 4lbs of tacos meat almost every week. We have tacos Monday through Thursday. So, don't be breaking the speed limit, we'll still have them when you get here.
DW had me put out suet 2 weeks ago. It sits untouched, she hasn't seen a bird since it went up.

Shall I send you my address? :)

No, that is the dog house and run! You need it.

Better now than the end of October. Less time until you can start planting.

:hugs
I'm amazed that her doctor wouldn't fill out the paperwork. From your description she clearly has dementia if not Alzheimer's. He should know that and know not to take anything she says as true unless you verify it. And WHY is DH, her son, not taking charge of this?
She wouldn't sign the form for my dh to be in charge. Lol (he has severe CMT also...in a wheel chair most days so not able) She allowed my step-daughters, who live 2 hrs away, and myself to access medical. She is pretty stubborn.

It all has its humorous side. Like the day she threw a fit in HEB because I took her industrial size can of hominy out of my cart and put a small can in. Lol. Or when she called a moving company, to haul a piano to my brother in law in Oregon. Fortunately she couldn't remember the address and had them call me. She has called a taxi several times but we live 30 miles from any town, so no one would come pick her up.

Good advice Sour, people change and it's not always under their control.
My one sister got so mad at her husband, and could not quite 'get it' when I tried to explain that was no longer the man that she married/knew. I was really worried about her. His death gave her a new lease on life. Her kids made some changes that I did not agree with, but it is really not my business. Told our kids that if they did that to the Princess or me without consulting us first there would be ramifications. :lau

Back
Top Bottom