The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Good news/ bad news
Good: Mil's Dr finally sent in the paperwork.
Bad: because ,after telling her that she was OK to live alone, he diagnosed her with dementia, she is not eligible to live in assisted living. I'm not shocked, I had told the family that if she moved in, it would only be short term before they moved her to a more secure environment. The facility has a memory care apartment type setting that is monitored 24/7 & has only 12 residents per complex. They have an "apartment " available. It will be a thousand dollars more each month.
No one else has time to pack up her house, so that we can get it on the market, so it is up to me to do so.
In my wordy way, that’s what I was gently skipping around in my long post about Tam and her job in assisted living. I was hoping that without being blunt and saying that it didn’t sound like she was eligible for “assisted living”, it would help you prepare for the fact that the criteria for acceptance into assisted living and the more intensive care in the specialized care units are far different. I wish I could help you get through all of this….the placement, the moving, cleaning out the house. All I can do is offer moral support and send some prayers along for you! :hugs
:frow Good morning Blooie, have a great day... Every now and again I have time to wander around BYC, today I read your interview and loved it!
Thank you! I love to read those interviews too!
Enjoy your pretty and busy day Blooie! Hoping your labs come back A-ok :fl
Thanks!! Me too!!
Good news/bad news indeed. Wish I lived closer, I'd help you out with the house clearing. As it is, just know we're rooting for you and that life settles down soon. :hugs
Amen!

So sorry Janie, you just can't catch a break :hugs :hugs
In my wordy way, that’s what I was gently skipping around in my long post about Tam and her job in assisted living. I was hoping that without being blunt and saying that it didn’t sound like she was eligible for “assisted living”, it would help you prepare for the fact that the criteria for acceptance into assisted living and the more intensive care in the specialized care units are far different. I wish I could help you get through all of this….the placement, the moving, cleaning out the house. All I can do is offer moral support and send some prayers along for you! :hugs

Thank you! I love to read those interviews too!

Thanks!! Me too!!

Amen!

Oh no, don't feel bad for me. I was expecting this.
The grandchildren are the ones who were counting on assisted living. I knew that it wouldn't last, not past the first time she attacked the staff for taking her things. I'm actually glad that it won't get to that point. (I have been that staff member. Lol. I would not wish that on anyone.)
As far packing, I was expecting that too. I'm sure I'll see some interesting things. 😆
But, I sure wish you guys could help. It would be fun.
She has pretty much every receipt, that she has ever gotten. Her house is very clean though.
In return for cleaning and packing, I told the kids that I want her everyday dish set. It is just like my own mothers. The pattern was common in the 70s or 80s. (Y'all can be jealous)
Screenshot_20220128-164020_Chrome.jpg
Thanks for the prayers and well wishes, y'all. I do appreciate them.
I made an instapot cheesecake earlier to help her celebrate her move.
I hope the change won't be too hard on her.

On the positive side, she has been 100% seizure free since November of 2019…none whatsoever!
:wee
That is FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy, probably almost as happy as is all your family ;)
Seizures suck big time, take a huge toll on the person and wow she's had so many.

Sorry to hear about all the other issues but at least you finally kicked some hiney and got her to Billings.

No snow in the 10 day forecast
We had a couple of inches of fluff today. Boston is looking at 1' to 2' feet this weekend!!! Bad Nor'easter coming in. Fortunately it is staying east of us.

Good news/ bad news
Yep. I'm glad she's going somewhere she'll be safe ... and so will you.
:hugs

That is FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy, probably almost as happy as is all your family ;)
Seizures suck big time, take a huge toll on the person and wow she's had so many.

Sorry to hear about all the other issues but at least you finally kicked some hiney and got her to Billings.
She was having up to 18 in just 2 hours so we are indeed much relieved! As for her other issues, it was a scary two years there. She was actually hospitalized 3 times, but one of them wasn’t SB related so I didn’t mention that one. :oops:

She was having up to 18 in just 2 hours so we are indeed much relieved! As for her other issues, it was a scary two years there. She was actually hospitalized 3 times, but one of them wasn’t SB related so I didn’t mention that one. :oops:
I'm sure that was a stressful time for your family. I'm thrilled for you, that she is seizure free for now.

Good morning everyone.

Good morning everyone :frow Have a great Saturday

It's our coldest morning so far, it says 12 degrees, but feels like 7 when I woke up 🥶. It's getting better, but our high for today is 33

Good morning all.
Good morning DMC 😊
I'm sure that was a stressful time for your family. I'm thrilled for you, that she is seizure free for now.

Good morning everyone.
Good morning Janie 😊
Good morning Debby, Janie, DMC, everyone and a chilly one it is. 🌷🌷🌷 think Spring.View attachment 2976485
Good morning Mark 😊
Good morning everyone, happy Saturday!

Janie, love that dish set. How cool that your mom had the same one.

Mark love the crocus, they always say spring!
Good morning Debby 😊

Back
Top Bottom