The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Lol my grandson once said Australia is a place where pretty much everything wants to kill you. I said he should look in his own backyard! Thankfully we don’t have ticks in our yard, but they were a problem for a couple of years after the neighbors dog died. Fortunately we were able to eradicate them, but they are the most disgusting things!
Makes you wonder how bad off that poor dog was.
We have them pretty bad, but our dogs and cats are on preventive, so we just have to check ourselves out in the evenings.

Good morning to everyone that I missed earlier :frow

@janiedoe congrats on your new Spirit badge and l like the new avatar too!

@rjohns39 have you heard that hammerhead worms have been spotted in TN (and Arkansas)? That is one scary/creepy looking worm!
1656773991209.png

Makes you wonder how bad off that poor dog was.
We have them pretty bad, but our dogs and cats are on preventive, so we just have to check ourselves out in the evenings.
It sure does. Which is too bad because they’re nice people, but it really made it hard to be nice knowing how their dog was living.

Fortunately for us and the pups we only have to use a preventive for heart worm. I found a concentrated garlic product that I use in the dogs yard and patio. Once we got rid of the ticks I’ve used it during the season for blood suckers and no issues. Plus it doesn’t hurt any other bugs and it’s not toxic to anything. Except blood suckers. So no vampires here either.

Good morning to everyone that I missed earlier :frow

@rjohns39 have you heard that hammerhead worms have been spotted in TN (and Arkansas)? That is one scary/creepy looking worm!
View attachment 3171562
Thank you Debby!
Wow. I don't think I've ever seen one of those worms. I'll have to Google them.
It sure does. Which is too bad because they’re nice people, but it really made it hard to be nice knowing how their dog was living.

Fortunately for us and the pups we only have to use a preventive for heart worm. I found a concentrated garlic product that I use in the dogs yard and patio. Once we got rid of the ticks I’ve used it during the season for blood suckers and no issues. Plus it doesn’t hurt any other bugs and it’s not toxic to anything. Except blood suckers. So no vampires here either.
It makes me sad that people have so little empathy for their pets. We have a neighbor, who is a very nice man, but he keeps his dogs on chains. They rarely get to run or play. It breaks my heart.

Thank you Debby!
Wow. I don't think I've ever seen one of those worms. I'll have to Google them.

It makes me sad that people have so little empathy for their pets. We have a neighbor, who is a very nice man, but he keeps his dogs on chains. They rarely get to run or play. It breaks my heart.
That is so sad!

@bruceha2000 - We brought her back from South Dakota with us. She’ll be here a couple of weeks and then her friend is coming out to pick her up.
:love

This is his barn.
Nice barn, pretty unusual to have it right at the edge of the lake.

I haven’t had to deal with it in almost 20 years.
Except when you have to remember what time it is when you call someone in another state that does do DST.

Well deserved!

Back
Top Bottom