The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

I must have missed your DH's b-day Janie...happy belated to him!
Thank you! I almost missed it myself. Lol. We have 7 family member birthdays in June, and 6 in July.
Good morning.
Good morning, Sour. Are your shoulders still bothering you?
Yes, and can’t wait until it’s done. My cats will miss the deck as they sleep under it during the day.
So i guess you'll have to provide new shade/shelter? Are you building a "cat house"? 😉
(Corny, I know, but I thought I'd beat Bruce to it.)

Thank you! I almost missed it myself. Lol. We have 7 family member birthdays in June, and 6 in July.

So i guess you'll have to provide new shade/shelter? Are you building a "cat house"? 😉

That's a whole lot of birthday cake in a short time!

Am I invited :drool
Of course! It’ll have to be next year, though. We ate all of this year’s.
We’ve done as much as we can for now. The telephone and electric company were out the other day and marked the ground where wires are so when it comes time to dig out tree stumps we won’t wreck anything.
I assume our guy will be here this week. We are going to start taking apart the deck and digging up the space by the walkout basement doors…getting ready for cement. It is hot with very little wind so it will be unenjoyable to work outside today. :sick
We still haven’t decided what to do in our back yard area. I’m loving our porch on the front of the house. The back is still just patio doors leading to a rickety set of steps coming off a rickety-er landing, down to the dirt. We focused on the front of the house because, well, it’s the front of the house. Cement patio is one of the options, but there’s still the issue of how to get down there from the back door. A multi-tiered deck is another option, but that’ll cost a fortune.

Good mooorning everyone 💜🐄
Hi Mad , is the family keeping you busy? How are the doggies doing?
The family kept us busy for sure. Shadow doesn't mind fireworks, and Stella did muuuuch better than usual. We try not to give her attention when she's anxious because it only reinforces her fear. I think the fact that Shadow doesn't mind helps a lot. We left her inside with a loud movie to drown the sound and she eventually calmed down before the fireworks were over.
Of course, it’s because you were masked that you’re more easily sickened now. That mask and the hand sanitizing and all that kept you from getting sick, and not just covid but flu and who knows what else? You don’t take those precautions now and your body hasn’t been exposed to all the crud, until now.
Very true. I know my immune system was on a good vacation during 2020-21 :lol:

Anyone remember the movie Osmosis Jones?
Good morning, Debby 🦋
I loved the firework shows when my children were young. We always went to the lake shows. They were so much fun.
The hubby & I are about to venture out in public. We have to go get the ingredients to fill the raised bed that I bought for his birthday.
He wants to drive, using hand controls. My anxiety will be sky high! I hate riding with anyone. I especially am scared of the hand controls. But, he really is a good driver. See you all later.
Lake fireworks sound beautiful.
Happy birthday to DH. June and July must be very busy for you! I hope to see pictures of this raised bed you speak of. I just planted cucumber and bell pepper :D gotta find a spot for the tomato plant though.
Good luck on the drive! Try to enjoy the scenery.

We still haven’t decided what to do in our back yard area. I’m loving our porch on the front of the house. The back is still just patio doors leading to a rickety set of steps coming off a rickety-er landing, down to the dirt. We focused on the front of the house because, well, it’s the front of the house. Cement patio is one of the options, but there’s still the issue of how to get down there from the back door. A multi-tiered deck is another option, but that’ll cost a fortune.
Cement may also be cost-friendly in the long run. Do you like to look online for ideas? I'm obsessed with pinterest.

Cats are pretty good about finding spots to sleep, they'll be fine :D
Yes they are :lol:

I’m sure they will take over the new space as it will be covered.:lol:

That's a whole lot of birthday cake in a short time!
I don't mind eating the cake🤣
But I told them all that I'm retired now, so budget gifting is the rule. Extravagant gifts are the exception now.

I love the idea of the multi-tiered deck, but it does sound expensive. And, well, it's the back of the house. I get that!
Good mooorning everyone 💜🐄

The family kept us busy for sure. Shadow doesn't mind fireworks, and Stella did muuuuch better than usual. We try not to give her attention when she's anxious because it only reinforces her fear. I think the fact that Shadow doesn't mind helps a lot. We left her inside with a loud movie to drown the sound and she eventually calmed down before the fireworks were over.

Very true. I know my immune system was on a good vacation during 2020-21 :lol:

Anyone remember the movie Osmosis Jones?

Lake fireworks sound beautiful.
Happy birthday to DH. June and July must be very busy for you! I hope to see pictures of this raised bed you speak of. I just planted cucumber and bell pepper :D gotta find a spot for the tomato plant though.
Good luck on the drive! Try to enjoy the scenery.

Cement may also be cost-friendly in the long run. Do you like to look online for ideas? I'm obsessed with pinterest.
Thanks for the bd wishes. I'll of course be posting pictures when we get it up and planted. It is a root pouch 300 gallon. We have been buying "bag" planters later. The 5' diameter pouch itself, was only around $30. The filler, on the other hand, was more than $100. Next come more seeds and plants. The best part of the trip, was driving back in our back gate!

Back
Top Bottom