The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Of course! It’ll have to be next year, though. We ate all of this year’s.

We still haven’t decided what to do in our back yard area. I’m loving our porch on the front of the house. The back is still just patio doors leading to a rickety set of steps coming off a rickety-er landing, down to the dirt. We focused on the front of the house because, well, it’s the front of the house. Cement patio is one of the options, but there’s still the issue of how to get down there from the back door. A multi-tiered deck is another option, but that’ll cost a fortune.
Do you use your porch? I will be out there every day.
Everything costs a fortune, so frustrating!
Good mooorning everyone 💜🐄

The family kept us busy for sure. Shadow doesn't mind fireworks, and Stella did muuuuch better than usual. We try not to give her attention when she's anxious because it only reinforces her fear. I think the fact that Shadow doesn't mind helps a lot. We left her inside with a loud movie to drown the sound and she eventually calmed down before the fireworks were over.

Very true. I know my immune system was on a good vacation during 2020-21 :lol:

Anyone remember the movie Osmosis Jones?

Lake fireworks sound beautiful.
Happy birthday to DH. June and July must be very busy for you! I hope to see pictures of this raised bed you speak of. I just planted cucumber and bell pepper :D gotta find a spot for the tomato plant though.
Good luck on the drive! Try to enjoy the scenery.

Cement may also be cost-friendly in the long run. Do you like to look online for ideas? I'm obsessed with pinterest.
I love Pinterest…it gives me too many ideas:lol:

Good afternoon everyone hope everyone had a fun and safe fourth of july. Me and my brother are in the process of starting a golfcart business and so far has been difficult. We take regular golfcarts and customize them and sell them but people are asking for SO much for a basic golf cart that is 30 years old!
On the bright side we did find one that we are going to grab. Have to drive a couple hours to get it but will be worth it in the end

Good morning everyone :frow

Last night we went to a cookout and firework show one of DH's employees does every year. Guess all the socializing wore me out, had to sleep late to recover :lol: I do love fireworks, brings back lots of memories...Dad taking us kids to the stands to pick out our favorites and then me doing the same with my boys and the "show" they would put on.
Sounds like you had a ln eventful night 😂 socializing is sometimes like exorcize 😴 very tiring! Hahaha
I love good memories like that. Your sons probably appreciate the memories too.
Any grandkids to pass down the tradition?

They can be so pretty sometimes, from a far personally. My mom took us to a fireworks show once when I was little and the loud sound scared me for life 😅😂 I just don't want my kids to be scared because of me....As long as people aim to practice safety. One year, people were doing it on their dry lawn and it almost caught fire a couple times 🤦‍♀️ just, whyyyy.

Good afternoon everyone hope everyone had a fun and safe fourth of july. Me and my brother are in the process of starting a golfcart business and so far has been difficult. We take regular golfcarts and customize them and sell them but people are asking for SO much for a basic golf cart that is 30 years old!
The prices right now are crazy high.
A 20+ year old car is 7k-15k 😭
As hard as it may be, it could be a great investment starting your own business like that. Stay positive and good luck on finding one.

Good morning everyone :frow Have your best day possible.

Thanks for your thoughts, I'm much better now, thank you.
Hope you have a good day. Probably better to enjoy now that you're feeling better.
Yes they are :lol:

I’m sure they will take over the new space as it will be covered.:lol:
Lol they will find a way 🤣
I don't mind eating the cake🤣
But I told them all that I'm retired now, so budget gifting is the rule. Extravagant gifts are the exception now.

I love the idea of the multi-tiered deck, but it does sound expensive. And, well, it's the back of the house. I get that!

Thanks for the bd wishes. I'll of course be posting pictures when we get it up and planted. It is a root pouch 300 gallon. We have been buying "bag" planters later. The 5' diameter pouch itself, was only around $30. The filler, on the other hand, was more than $100. Next come more seeds and plants. The best part of the trip, was driving back in our back gate!
I can't wait to see all of it put together. It sounds so expensive though but probably worth it.
Do you use your porch? I will be out there every day.
Everything costs a fortune, so frustrating!

I love Pinterest…it gives me too many ideas:lol:
Everything costs a fortune 🤯 I'm waiting to win the lottery so I can afford all my ideas on pinterest 🙃

Cement patio is one of the options, but there’s still the issue of how to get down there from the back door.
images

https://homemadeheather.com/diy-painted-slide/

Hope you have a good day. Probably better to enjoy now that you're feeling better.

Lol they will find a way 🤣

I can't wait to see all of it put together. It sounds so expensive though but probably worth it.

Everything costs a fortune 🤯 I'm waiting to win the lottery so I can afford all my ideas on pinterest 🙃
Good luck 🤣

Hi Riss. Golf carts are high here too. We sold our first one a few years ago and bought one with knobby tires. It was expensive, but still a good investment for us. It keeps us from having to run the rtv constantly.
I guess. Since it is Blooie's backyard . Heck, she might even want to put a pool at the bottom.

Back
Top Bottom