The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

DH just came home with a little visitor. He found a parakeet on the cart path of the golf course and when he bent down to look, the little thing just hopped in his hand. We'll try to find his (or her) owners but will give him a home if he needs one.

I'll try to get a picture later, he's cute :D

It was. I had no idea what was going on when I woke up. Scoured the internet for the symptoms and, of course, COVID was first to pop-up. Tested negative for both COVID and Flu. I was in the ER for about an hour before they figured out what was going on. I won't go into detail on how. Let's just say it took four nurses and was very embarrassing.
It is good that they did find it though.

My DW had a bleed after her hysterectomy that was similar for blood loss. Of course they knew the cause more easily.

Still breathing. :love
That's a good sign! Breathing is good.
Hi Mad, good to see you! Hope classes and your job are going well 🌻🐄
Glad to stop by 🐄
DH just came home with a little visitor. He found a parakeet on the cart path of the golf course and when he bent down to look, the little thing just hopped in his hand. We'll try to find his (or her) owners but will give him a home if he needs one.

I'll try to get a picture later, he's cute :D
D'awe! I can't wait to see a picture. Hopefully you find his owners and if not maybe he picked already :lol:
Have the cats met it yet?

That's a good sign! Breathing is good.

Glad to stop by 🐄

D'awe! I can't wait to see a picture. Hopefully you find his owners and if not maybe he picked already :lol:
Have the cats met it yet?

No, the cats haven't met the little bird yet. They might not, if the owners how up, so we'll see.

My sister used to live a few blocks from this place. They have the best pecan pie ever!! :drool
We used to buy pecan pies from them every Christmas, until my pecan pie loving husband was diagnosed with diabetes.
I remember the oldest grandson begging Pop to take him to the bakery for a pea-can pie. He heard it pronounced on T.V. and didn't realize it was a puh-cahn pie. We still laugh about his disappointment. He prefers peach cobbler. They have wonderful cobblers too.

We used to buy pecan pies from them every Christmas, until my pecan pie loving husband was diagnosed with diabetes.
I remember the oldest grandson begging Pop to take him to the bakery for a pea-can pie. He heard it pronounced on T.V. and didn't realize it was a puh-cahn pie. We still laugh about his disappointment. He prefers peach cobbler. They have wonderful cobblers too.

There seems to be a controversy whether to pronounce it as pea-can or puh-cahn. I don't know why there's a controversy when it's only correct to say it as puh-cahn. :lol:

There seems to be a controversy whether to pronounce it as pea-can or puh-cahn. I don't know why there's a controversy when it's only correct to say it as puh-cahn. :lol:
Everyone knows that a peecan is what you keep in the bedroom so that you don't have to go to the outhouse during the night. :idunno I was told this during a tour of the Lyndon Baines Johnson ranch.

Back
Top Bottom