The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Amen! We need our a/c!
I am not looking forward to summer, but I'm going to enjoy the spring. Jim has put quite a few vegetables in the ground. I hope we don't lose them to heat this year.

Good morning, IM.
60s aren't too bad, but 70s are better. The winds have been pretty rough off and on, but I can handle gusts, as long as it isn't pouring rain.

Hope your garden does well this summer Janie!

I rehomed another rooster, along with his favorite hen yesterday.
The couple that took them, drove an hour to get here.
They sent me several pictures last night. The rooster and his lady appear to be settling in and enjoying their new flock. 😊

That was nice of the couple to send you a picture of your rooster & lady in their new home. How many do you have in your flock now Janie?

Hope your garden does well this summer Janie!
Me too. It's a hobby for my husband, but it is sure nice to have the fresh vegetables! I think he goes a little overboard. I told him he should just keep a smaller garden, but gardening is the one place where he lacks self-control. He has containers on the porches, at the end of the house, and raised beds in the yard. I hope we can manage it all.
20230325_100658.jpg

20230325_100203.jpg

That was nice of the couple to send you a picture of your rooster & lady in their new home. How many do you have in your flock now Janie?
Hmm. I think around 30 girls, and I'll just have 3 roosters after next week. (One is leaving Tuesday or Wednesday for a new flock.) But one of my bantams is sitting on 9 eggs and all are developing.
I said no more chicks, but I've never had bantams hatch before, so just this once.🤣

Me too. It's a hobby for my husband, but it is sure nice to have the fresh vegetables! I think he goes a little overboard. I told him he should just keep a smaller garden, but gardening is the one place where he lacks self-control. He has containers on the porches, at the end of the house, and raised beds in the yard. I hope we can manage it all.View attachment 3444373
View attachment 3444371

That looks like a great set up. It had to have taken a lot of work to get it that way.

Hmm. I think around 30 girls, and I'll just have 3 roosters after next week. (One is leaving Tuesday or Wednesday for a new flock.) But one of my bantams is sitting on 9 eggs and all are developing.
I said no more chicks, but I've never had bantams hatch before, so just this once.🤣

"just this once" :gig

Amen! We need our a/c!
I am not looking forward to summer, but I'm going to enjoy the spring. Jim has put quite a few vegetables in the ground. I hope we don't lose them to heat this year.

Good morning, IM.
60s aren't too bad, but 70s are better. The winds have been pretty rough off and on, but I can handle gusts, as long as it isn't pouring rain.
70’s are good for relaxing, 60’s are good for working lol. I’ve been wielding a shovel quite a lot lately.

Back
Top Bottom