The oddest teenager you ever heard of.

WingedFish

In the Brooder
7 Years
May 17, 2012
When one hears about teenage boys, they think hard-rocking, crazy sports jocks. And yet, I'm a 16 year old guy who hates sports, rock music, and basically everything a normal guy likes! (With video games being the only exception). Instead, I have a burning passion for animal husbandry and horticulture. I've had chickens twice at two different homes, but now at the moment I'm chickenless. In fact, I had a nice flock just over a year ago, but since we moved I had to part with them. But, if things go as planned, my family will move to a new home where I'll at last be able to keep poultry once again! Me and my family have had almost any pet you can imagine, from frogs to horses. But now it's just my three parrots, a tank full of tropical fish, the family dog, and an aging cat. Look into my room, and you'd think it was a greenhouse. I certainly have a love for growing green things! So basically that is what I'm am, a not so stereotypical teenager!

welcome-byc.gif
A long time ago I 'knew' a teenage boy just like you. Alike the others in many ways yet so different. He too loved/loves animals and horticulture. Well, he grew up to have a career in both fields and today is an old guy
old.gif
still loves these things plus all of nature and the outdoors. Run with these interests. They will build a wonderful future for you.

I speak from experience.
smile.png

WelcometoBYC.gif
. As for not being a Stereotypical person.

I'm a Woman named Kevin. I've raised ducks,geese, guineas,turkeys, rabbits, and more all while being in the city. Prior to poultry I breed various species of fish especially Cichlids. To date I have 2 Great Danes, 2 Small dogs, and two High Content Wolf Dogs. I was also awkwardly smart through out high school so ended up graduating at the age of 15. Not to mention the fact I've been a vegetarian my entire life. So hello from another Non Stereotype
frow.gif

Last edited:
Hello and :welcome

You sound like a very interesting person! I'm about your age, and I'm not into many usual things either. I know there are a lot of young folk who are interested in animals an' all on BYC, hopefully you can meet and greet with some of them :frow

Don't hesitate to ask any questions you might have, and enjoy the site! :D

Hello and welcome to BYC! I hope my son grows up to be like you. I'm trying...
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom