The Odyssey/Eros flock

Pics
I see her hiding there, love her color! ❤ But I am so sorry she's gone. :hugs I've never kept high production breeds, I couldn't take the heart ache of losing them so early in their lives. How old was she when she passed?

Thank you. She passed some time this September, Koutsi was a little younger than three and a half when she left us, so she would have to be a little over three and a half when she passed. When I started out, even most these guys would get to 4 years. In this latest batch, the first birds started passing at one and a half, and the last two at three and a half

Thank you. She passed some time this September, Koutsi was a little younger than three and a half when she left us, so she would have to be a little over three and a half when she passed. When I started out, even most these guys would get to 4 years. In this latest batch, the first birds started passing at one and a half, and the last two at three and a half
I am so sorry. :hugs It's so sad these birds have been bred to lay so much, taking their lives so fast. :(

Truly is. At least they lived happily here, and taught many of the birds that still roam this property to do the same
You definitely gave them a wonderful life on your property, it's as close to a natural environment for a fenced in flock will ever see! In the end it really is quality of life over quantity. 😊

Back
Top Bottom