The official BYC “Poultry SHAMING” Thread! w/ Hosts, Mike & Sally

Pics

It started maybe in June. They only did it once then again the next night or a few weeks later. Thought it was done with. Well recently they started doing it again. Every night for a few nights. Then I went on vacation last week, they did it to my dad every night.

I think it's because the coop is too small and summer is hot, we're building the new one very slowly. But now it seems to only be if I don't put the roost bars back up before night (they knock them down laying their eggs). Also used to be only a few chickens up there and now it is all of them. Little brats.

At first I caught them one by one and put them on the roosts but now I just fix the roost bars and push them off the roof and they go to bed on their own.

They know they're not supposed to be up there though so start moving around whem I go out there.

Last edited:
She's so lovely! I have 2 little black andalusians that like to ride on my back, shoulders, head, or palm when I'm in the coop. I LOVE it :)

Very cute! We had a buff Orpington that was the same way. Sadly a fox took her. Which is why I'm afraid to name this one, but she's very "loving" for a chicken.

Back
Top Bottom