The Official SCARY STORIES Thread! Be prepared to be CREEPED OUT!

Long ago I purchased a Quarter Horse named El King Tonto. He was a massive sorrel with a flaxen mane and tail who I brought home after a 10 year hiatus with horses. Let me tell you he was one high powered horse. Way too much horse for a gal just getting back into horses. The tiniest cluck would have him charge forth like a stallion at war. Slightest leg pressure had him spinning like a top. He left my fanny in the air many, many times. Still young enough to be stupid, I kept on riding the massive gelding, and I learned to stick on him. And he learned to take it easy, and we formed a bond all horse people know about.

All I needed him for was to move cattle and check the fence line. He took to the work very nicely and he made a mighty fine ranch horse. He was my favorite. Always waiting for me at the gate. He loved to work and I liked to use him as an all around horse. We'd hit the trails, we'd move cattle, haul trees, repair fences. Didn't matter. If something needed to be done he'd do his best to do it. He never did learn a slow walk, though. Old horse folk said he had a ranch walk. Gaited horse folk called his mighty stride a running walk. He had a 12 inch over-stride that gaited horse breeders dreamed of. I called it comfortable and enjoyed the ride. He left a unique hoof print as his back hooves were larger than his front. I'm sure Western Pleasure folk shuddered at the thought of an over-stride like his.

One morning he was not at the gate. Frantic, I searched for him in the 100 acre pasture and found him dead on the hill. Struck by lightning. I was devastated. I felt I had somehow failed my horse. I had allowed nature to take him from me. He was buried on the hill and I put his halter on a nearby tree. He would be difficult horse to replace in my heart, at my farm, and in my mind. Yet, I continued without him. Finding a good ranch horse would take time and I always compared the prospects to King. Not one horse was good enough, and as months passed I was forced to walk the fence line with my Doberman.

Keeping fences repaired is an important part of ranch work. And a lonely one when you don't have a horse. One sunny morning, loaded down with my toolbox, and paired with my Doberman, I trudged along the barbed wire. The Dobe normally foraged ahead to sniff out danger but suddenly she came close to me. She looked behind me with a ridge of hair standing along her spine. Her green eyes did not falter as the morning sun reflected off her red hair. She did not show her teeth. Just stared. Very focused. Very alert. Her nub of a tail was completely still.

I felt the skin on the back of my neck tighten with fear. I scanned the tree line and saw nothing. Worried about a bear, I put the Dobe on alert.

"Watch me," I ordered and I saw her set her lips in a grim line. Her green eyes became slits as she waited for my next command.

I looked at the trees again then scanned the hilltop. Again I felt a tingle along the back of my neck. The Dobe crooked her right front leg as if to point at something or someone on the hilltop. I stared but saw nothing. My heart pounded and every sound in the forest seem to magnify. I heard a soft nicker. My mouth opened. My tongue was dry.

"King?" I whispered hopefully.

The Dobe did not change position. Then her nubby tail wriggled ecstatically and the hair along her back went down. She sneezed and looked at me. The moment was gone. I sighed and started back. As we crossed the creek bed, I noticed something that made me drop my tool box and stop in my tracks.

A fresh trail of hoofprints in the mud. Large hoofprints overstriding small hoof prints.

I just knew I had a bear nearby!
But it was King saying goodbye

I never felt that feeling again
But I am positive that visitor was him.

The halter still sits in the tree
Branch all misshaped as can be
But a horse's head you can plainly see

Just ole King saying goodbye to me.

EE lover:) :

Blu. A color, yet a deadly gun. An emotion, but still a girl who is now training to fight for her life. But still just another color.

Blu didn't ask to be Blu. She didn't even like the color blue! Well, at least not best. She preferred red.

And speaking of red...

Red. Color, and weapon. Anger, and love. Pretty, but not Blu.

It was no secret that Red was in love with Blu, but she didn't reciprocate. She didn't show any emotion at any time, at least when Red saw her. Red did remember that one time, when he had gotten Blu to talk...

"I want a gun." All she had said was enough. He went out to the one place he could trust, and ordered a gun. He didn't quite know why. He asked for it to be engraved 'Red', after himself. But that didn't mean that she would know it was from him. She would just see it, then smile her lifeless, emotionless smile reserved for a special occasion.

And Red knew that. But that didn't mean he wouldn't try.

Blu stood staring for the longest time. She couldn't fathom who had sent the gun. Perhaps a premonition? She knew not. But she practiced with it. Every day. And she decided to repay the one she believed was the sender. She went and ordered him a gun, engraved with just three letter: B. L. U.

And Red one day would grow as attached to his gun as she was with her gun. But it would kill him one day. And her.

Blu remembered a time when she had emotions other than hatred. When her smile was full of life. But she couldn't have that anymore.

Blu could no longer live an easy life, no longer have a smile that could light up her whole face.

Often Blu would contemplate random things. They were deep thoughts, not that anyone knew. She never told anyone.

It was like: How come a color can mean so much? It can be a name, and it can mean the most wonderful things, the things that made Blu less emotionless and smile an emotionless smile.

But still be just another color.

So Blu would contemplate, and Red would watch her thinking in a soft light. Blu didn't like bright lights.

One day, in Blu's contemplation, she let her mind wander. Silently and not even realizing it, she put her hands in her jacket's deep pockets and felt the cool surface of her gun, which she had taken to taking with her wherever she went.

Then, she smiled. Not her smile that was emotionless, one that almost made Red scream out, "WHAT THE FIRETRUCK!! EMOTIONS!", but he held his tongue.

Blu's smile was back. Her real smile, with happiness and lighting up her face and whatnot. Then, just as suddenly as it came, it was gone. She realized it, too. Because she had just realized how little she knew about
herself. All she knew was what she liked.

The color red.
Small, enclosed spaces.
Short, black skirts.
Small, black shirts.
Her gun.

Red didn't quite know how he was supposed to cope with this battle. He trained anyway, though. He didn't really know what Blu had been through on that fateful day when she came back to school. Or what happened to make her leave. But he remembered it well.

"Class, you remember Blu from middle school, correct?" Every kid who had gone to her school two years ago nodded. "Well, Blu's coming back to school tomorrow. She will be in this homeroom. Would anyone like to show her around since she hasn't seen the school before? Any volunteers?" Red jumped up. He remembered every detail about Blu. Everything there was to know.

The next day, he saw Blu for the first time in several years. She looked different. It was like... well, like she was dead. She had blonde hair falling into her face from a bandanna, and she wore all black. Her eyes were a very intense violet. Not what Red remembered. He remembered deep, intense,
blue eyes. "Hello, Blu! It's been a while!" Red said enthusiastically. She didn't reply, but nodded. She let down her hair from the ponytail and turned to him. "Where is locker 239?" She whispered. Red had to get her to repeat it several times before he heard her. When he finally was able to hear it, he said, "Come on, I'll show you." and led her down the hall. "I'm in your class." She whispered to him. "Why are your eyes a different color?" "color contacts." she whispered. Blu always spoke in a whisper.
One day Red asked her what happened to her that made her just leave school. She looked at him, showing her first emotion, sadness, mixed with a sudden hatred.

That day Blu ran out of class, and hasn't spoken more than four words since.

When is there going to be more?​

OK! This is real!! About two years ago me and 5 friends were in MY room talking about a movie that had just came out called "The Exorcism of Emily Rose". Anybody ever heard of that movie? Anyways, as we were talking about this movie we heard a DEEEP scratching in the corner of the room were the dresser was. Immediately everyone looked at each other with scared faces quickly got up and left the room. Sooooo, a couple months later we were gonna move and we moved the dresser and behind it was DEEEEP scratch marks that tore the paint!!!! Scary!!! I wish we could have token pictures!

Hey, so remember when I posted about The Slender Man?

Well, a few weeks ago, I was in the car with my mother and brothers. We were going to town for something, and then, out of the corner of my eye, standing randomly on a street corner by a school...

Was Slendy. No face, bald, tall, wore a suit, the whole 9 yards. Just staring at the school. Freaked me out.

And also, I could have sworn I saw him in my room at one point... O_O

Quote:
th.gif

Back
Top Bottom