The Old Folks Home

Yeah, we have been around zero for awhile now. Just stuck without clouds...so cold...

And I hate super cold snow... I plowed yesterday, and when spouse came home I asked how good of a job I had done...the response was "You plowed? Didn't even see tire tracks", all of that snow that I pushed was blown right back onto the driveway.

I plowed again today...but I think we are warming up and hit the teens...maybe that is warm enough that the snow will stay put.
Don't think I would make it in that weather, but I've heard Alaska is beautiful and want to visit someday. Guess I better come in summer. :oops:

I hate when that happens. If we have a NW wind the driveway gets filled in several times with snow from the field.
Yep.

Two days back we had a drift inside the mudporch.. it blew in through a gap in the door gasket.

I had to have the boys shovel the mudporch.

The storms have to be cold enough for snow at the higher elevations. Apparently many of ours have been to warm this year.

A new reservoir Is in the works for the western side of the Valley. It will get water pumped from the Sacramento River. That way some of the water that runs off into the ocean will be stored for summer
Well it's about time!

Yep.

Two days back we had a drift inside the mudporch.. it blew in through a gap in the door gasket.

I had to have the boys shovel the mudporch.
Our 'mudroom' back room we call it, main back entrance. It's a separate 10×12 room concrete floor has a old wood door in, kids come home and just leave it OPEN... All the time.. Bought a new insulated new door for going inside last winter the door handle latch little springy thingy quit working so there was a gap I just put a pair of boots against it to hold it shut that winter. Come warmer spring we didn't bother until I noticed the cat paying extra special attention to it until I noticed baby housefly size frog/toads invading she was having fun with lol. Took our old into house door and cut it down fitted it to seal mudroom/backroom better, bought new door handle keep house door closed, kids still leave back door open all the time.. :he

Don't think I would make it in that weather, but I've heard Alaska is beautiful and want to visit someday. Guess I better come in summer. :oops:
It is stunningly beautiful, that is for sure... here, I will tempt you with photos...

Pictures from my chicken coop articles, my main coop:
700-1.jpg
700-2.jpg

Cross of the church next door
FB_IMG_1580440359748.jpg

The church
FB_IMG_1580440298395.jpg
FB_IMG_1580440101387.jpg

Two pictures of Kodiak:
FB_IMG_1580440398174.jpg
FB_IMG_1580440388741.jpg

And a picture of the beach here in town
FB_IMG_1580440341507.jpg

Our 'mudroom' back room we call it, main back entrance. It's a separate 10×12 room concrete floor has a old wood door in, kids come home and just leave it OPEN... All the time.. Bought a new insulated new door for going inside last winter the door handle latch little springy thingy quit working so there was a gap I just put a pair of boots against it to hold it shut that winter. Come warmer spring we didn't bother until I noticed the cat paying extra special attention to it until I noticed baby housefly size frog/toads invading she was having fun with lol. Took our old into house door and cut it down fitted it to seal mudroom/backroom better, bought new door handle keep house door closed, kids still leave back door open all the time.. :he
Ha! About the frogs.

And yeah... I am no help with getting the kids to always close the door....

I thought my kids were getting better about actually closing the door...turns out it is just that kid 4 got tired of getting cold and keeps closing it for everyone! :lau

Now our front door doesn't close all the way. I was concerned about it put a hundred foot run from our porch to flag pole for the dogs. Our lab would do a flying leap and slam the door hard like a linebacker. "I want in!" I was worried she'd break the fancy long oval with scroll work glass window but no biggie she always hit double fisted to the side, had to wash her muddy paw work off it but no biggie. Then she blasted the whole framework out. Tightened screwed and glued it back together but not tight enough apparently unless you lock the deadbolt there is a big gap. Sometimes they lock it and sometimes they don't. Come home from work, Hey you left the front door open, what do you mean? Its not locked..So..
You can feel a breeze if it isn't locked. It's 10 degrees outside.
I think I need to start waterboarding them :lau

Now our front door doesn't close all the way. I was concerned about it put a hundred foot run from our porch to flag pole for the dogs. Our lab would do a flying leap and slam the door hard like a linebacker. "I want in!" I was worried she'd break the fancy long oval with scroll work glass window but no biggie she always hit double fisted to the side, had to wash her muddy paw work off it but no biggie. Then she blasted the whole framework out. Tightened screwed and glued it back together but not tight enough apparently unless you lock the deadbolt there is a big gap. Sometimes they lock it and sometimes they don't. Come home from work, Hey you left the front door open, what do you mean? Its not locked..So..
You can feel a breeze if it isn't locked. It's 10 degrees outside.
I think I need to start waterboarding them :lau
Ha! Until they are all out of the house... and you lose that dog... no way will you have properly closing doors...or doors that get closed! :gig

Back
Top Bottom