The Old Folks Home

that's a shame. Is he gonna come to you in his time off or do you need to look for someone else?
He will and has been working on his time off. I can deal with that. He was committing to two days work at a time. I hope he can get back to that. ONce the floor is done and the new kitchen configuration done I can move in.

deb

Sorry to hear about the nose issue. I had skin cancer on my face, and had Moh's surgery. They got it all the first time.
Me too, and they had to redo it. Spent my teens "laying out" by the pool, or at Huntington beach. Back then, sun was good for you (so were cigerettes - go figger). Now I have rosacia and every year there is a new cancer on my face. Fortunately, I can recognize them when they are very small, and don't scar. But even now I never put sun screen on as soon as I get up (as instructed) and sometimes go outside just for a second...that turns into hours...before I remember.

@chickadoodles it sounds like you joined the same club my husband did. His changed a lot the farther away from the surgery he got. Don't give up hope that it won't get any better.

I know it's rough going through the radiation treatments but it will be worth it if they kill off the rest of the growth.

About a year and a half ago, DH had a second growth removed from his scalp. It was small externally, but had grown internal due to the repeated freezings they had done on it. By the time they finished the MOHS on it he had a hole 5 inches long and three inches across down to the skull on the top of his head. Lesson learned, two freezings and excise. Back to the old saying that a stitch in time saves 9.

VA did the work in Iowa City. They did a great job with the exception that we wish they had brought a plastic surgeon in at some point.

Welcome to the home @Grammapat4. Pull up a rocking chair and set a spell with us!
Thanks, ya'll. Is there sweetea? I miss that my sweet Texas husband used to make it for me every summer. And it's been over 100 for days now (Sacramento)

@chickadoodles, I have a tricky mitral valve from RF. It's no fun when it makes itself felt in fact it's freakin scary. I'm glad they are trying to get things sorted out for you. Like Perchie, you have been through so much but you are so strong. Strength of heart is much better than strength of body. Hang in there, promise? :hugs

Thank you.
I’m sorry you have a valve problem to.
They are horrible to deal with. :hugs

it will one way or another... I am so glad you are back.

deb

Thank you.
I hope it doesn’t take you to long to get your kitchen finished.

Dh got mine done after he recovered from his back surgery.

I assume the looting is undertaken by opportunists using the disturbance as cover...?

Always. Always always. Frustrated and angry? Justifiably so, but such acts of hooliganism damage the cause and dishonor the memory of the person whose death they are protesting. "You were brutalized, so I will behave like an unthinking brute in your memory?" How does that make any kind of sense? And what about the other people whose lives are now being turned upside down by the damage? As one person who lives in Minneapolis said, "these are the stores where I go to shop -now where am I going to go when I need stuff?"

Back
Top Bottom