The Old Folks Home

Good mo OF. Yesterday dh put our large dog crate in front of the coop fo the chicks to get outside for the first time. They are loving it! This week we will pick up the 10x10 dog kennel from TSC for their run. We will cover the top with wire and put some canvas over part of it for shade. Till we get the framed top from TSC.
Great coop, woods, and GREEN

Oh good grief...confusing

I know. So sad.

Great coop, woods, and GREEN

Thanks. :D
The chicks like it and so do we. Dh made it out of free pallets from his work.

I may not know much about a lot of things, but I do know a bit about BA's. The person saying they have brown neck feathers, is mistaken.

My first chickens were BA's. They were so sweet. But they were from TSC.
Yours are much better quality. :love I shared the info you and Ron shared with me yesterday with her. So she know's better now. Thanks for your help Clue and Ron. :D

People can be horrrible about going half cocked thinking they know more than God about birds

Yes they can.
By the way Penny thanks for the idea for the ants. They are gobbling it up! YAY :celebrate

Last edited:
We didn't see her at all today!
:( Weird that she wouldn't stick near her siblings. Seems like she'd be on the other side of the fence either trying to get them to her side or get herself to theirs. I sure hope you find her.

I guess she was sold the bird being told it was an Americana.
But she thought it looked like a BA. And folks were telling her it was not. Lol
What a mess. First tell her there is no such breed as an Americana, it would be an Easter Egger. Does it have any EE traits? I've never seen one that was even close to all black.

The lung disease is incurable, if I have that.
Please do NOT have that!!!!!
:hugs

:( Weird that she wouldn't stick near her siblings. Seems like she'd be on the other side of the fence either trying to get them to her side or get herself to theirs. I sure hope you find her.

What a mess. First tell her there is no such breed as an Americana, it would be an Easter Egger. Does it have any EE traits? I've never seen one that was even close to all black.

The other goats are not her full siblings. Same Dad, all different moms.

Hey @CapricornFarm, any news about the doeling?

About the possible lung disease, incurable does not mean that it's going to kill you. It could be connected with the scleraderma diagnosis.

Hi guys. Nothin new happenin in NEMO. Hotter than heck but then it's July so nothing unusual with that weather. I'm still fighting fatigue but that isn't unusual either. I'm just putting projects on hold for the next week or so.

We finally heard from the Amish guy who mows our pasture for hay every year. So far no sign of him so we dropped a letter in his mail box and he called to tell us he would be around this weekend to mow. I'm glad. I've held off cleaning the coop so DH could spread the offerings on the pasture. Can't do it till it's mowed though so it's like it's holding up progress here. Too hot to do much anyway so it's all good.

No the pullet was solid black. It's crazy what people tell people when the sell them birds.
She was expecting the bird to be Araucana expecting tufts and a beard. She acted confused.
Apparently she had googled black chickens is how she thought it was a BA.

Hey @CapricornFarm, any news about the doeling?

About the possible lung disease, incurable does not mean that it's going to kill you. It could be connected with the scleraderma diagnosis.

Hi guys. Nothin new happenin in NEMO. Hotter than heck but then it's July so nothing unusual with that weather. I'm still fighting fatigue but that isn't unusual either. I'm just putting projects on hold for the next week or so.

We finally heard from the Amish guy who mows our pasture for hay every year. So far no sign of him so we dropped a letter in his mail box and he called to tell us he would be around this weekend to mow. I'm glad. I've held off cleaning the coop so DH could spread the offerings on the pasture. Can't do it till it's mowed though so it's like it's holding up progress here. Too hot to do much anyway so it's all good.
No, I did walk around down our fence line and to the river. Then back up the Mule path to the house. No sign. And the dogs didn't react.
@microchick , the interstitial lung disease is associated with Scleroderma. It can become so difficult to breathe, that a lung transplant is needed. Hopefully it won't come to that. But I have been chronically SOB.

Back
Top Bottom