The Old Folks Home

That is aggravating to say the least and not knowing something is wrong and not knowing what makes matters even worse. 7 years is a long time to live with not knowing.
I just kept telling myself, you are fat, you need to work more and walk more. But it never helped. That's why I had those cardiac work ups. I knew something was wrong. I had an abnormal ANA years ago and the doctor thought I might have MS. Wrong.

Microchick, I know hospitals always have some "oops factor," but thankfully they have treated my brother (there for many health reasons), son(years ago) and me for many years. No major complaints.

My one peeve was when I had my son,first day or so great! THEN a senators daughter had a baby and all the nurses (not kidding) were preoccupied with her. I'm sure hoping her father would reward them handsomely. I was nursing my son and they would forget to bring him to me - they were so busy cooing over HER. Or they would bottle feed him when my doctor gave them explicit orders that I was to nurse him.

My son had a delayed departure because he still had some jaundice and was under double billi lights. So my doctor said I needed to stay a couple days longer - so I could take him home with me. Very thankful for that. I would have been a wreck worrying about him if we had to be separated.
What pissed me off at the hospital was...I was supposed to get a shot for the Rh factor, and I kept telling them . I finally got it but a patient shouldn't have to nag them.

Hi Everyone,
I hope you don't mind me dropping in here. I was glad to see this thread and have spent the last couple of hours reading through it. It was nice to be able to read real words that weren't typed in "code" that has to be deciphered like the younger folks use now :cool:. I don't have chickens yet, but plan to in the spring. I joined BYC to learn first. Over the past few weeks, my DH and I have been slowly building our coop/run. We usually only work on it on Saturdays since we both still work full time jobs. This morning I was reading a thread on BYC that had to do with music. That's when I realized this thread was more my pace. I haven't even heard of some of the artists/groups they were referring to and I used to work in radio! :lol:

Anyway, sorry for the wordy post, just wanted to say hello! Enjoy your day!

Good morning OF. Welcome Carol. Please pull up a chair and grab a cup of coffee or tea. We love everyone here.

I just spent the last hour cutting this lion out for my son to hang on the wall above my new grandsons crib. He will be delivered very soon. Probably this week. I will add it to a piece of oak that I will paint.
i still have to weed the lion. It will take many hours to do. I am going to have to get a light pad to put it on to do all the fine weeding.
the second pic
E9F9F615-DD57-4A8D-BB9D-3382A4540266.jpeg
is one that has already been weeded by someone else.
06D1C202-9554-4D17-9C88-AC8FB7CAAC65.png

Last edited:
hello @ColoradoCarol - welcome to the home :frow
do you know yet what sort of birds you would like to get, and what sort of numbers?
Thank you! I'm not quite sure of breeds yet. I keep deciding on some, then changing my mind, then changing my mind again. At least I have plenty of time to decide. As for numbers, probably six. We live in the suburbs, and even though our city has no limits (just no roosters), I think that number is manageable for us. We want them mainly for eggs. I'm hoping to be able to gift some eggs to our neighbors so they will be happy with the chickens too ;). Our plans are to get some property in the future, away from the hustle and bustle of the city and start our own little homestead.

Back
Top Bottom