The Old Folks Home

Dd #1 just got home from her dentist. Friday evening, she started having a toothache. They had to extract the tooth. Her dentist is very upset about it.

She's been on medicaid, due to deadbeat dad, and her going to college. She's been going the allotted number of times, to the dentist they sent her to. The past couple of times, they put fillings in some of her teeth. She began having trouble, so paid out of pocket to go to a decent dentist, to find out what the problem was.

For at least 2 cavities, the medicaid dentist cleaned them out, but did not actually fill them. For the other 2, the medicaid dentist partially filled them. Not enough material was used to completely fill, and seal them correctly. She had the private dentist fill the 2, that had not been filled. On her next visit to him, he re-did one of the fillings that had not been completely filled, and sealed, because she was already getting more cavity under it.

In the meantime, she called medicaid, and reported what was going on, and her dentist submitted a letter, and copies of her X-rays, to substantiate what had happened. She had used up her allotted number of visits, and services for the year through medicaid. Medicaid told her they would review her case, and get back to her. They thought, in light of the verified circumstances, they would credit the visits back to her, and send her to a different dentist. That was 3 months ago, and she's heard nothing back.

The dentist went in, and made sure she got an appointment for next week, so he can X-ray, and check that other tooth that wasn't properly filled, and sealed. He doesn't want the same thing happening on the other side, to that one. He also asked her permission to keep her tooth, and she said he had his nurse cleaning it up when she was leaving. He told her, it's one thing when someone doesn't take care of their mouth, or get regular dental check ups, and care. It's quite another matter when a person takes care of their mouth, gets routine checkups, and dental care, then the dentist does substandard work, causing serious problems. Had it been an isolated case, it might be different too, but the medicaid dentist did this on 2 separate occasions.

Dd #1 just got home from her dentist. Friday evening, she started having a toothache. They had to extract the tooth. Her dentist is very upset about it.

She's been on medicaid, due to deadbeat dad, and her going to college. She's been going the allotted number of times, to the dentist they sent her to. The past couple of times, they put fillings in some of her teeth. She began having trouble, so paid out of pocket to go to a decent dentist, to find out what the problem was.

For at least 2 cavities, the medicaid dentist cleaned them out, but did not actually fill them. For the other 2, the medicaid dentist partially filled them. Not enough material was used to completely fill, and seal them correctly. She had the private dentist fill the 2, that had not been filled. On her next visit to him, he re-did one of the fillings that had not been completely filled, and sealed, because she was already getting more cavity under it.

In the meantime, she called medicaid, and reported what was going on, and her dentist submitted a letter, and copies of her X-rays, to substantiate what had happened. She had used up her allotted number of visits, and services for the year through medicaid. Medicaid told her they would review her case, and get back to her. They thought, in light of the verified circumstances, they would credit the visits back to her, and send her to a different dentist. That was 3 months ago, and she's heard nothing back.

The dentist went in, and made sure she got an appointment for next week, so he can X-ray, and check that other tooth that wasn't properly filled, and sealed. He doesn't want the same thing happening on the other side, to that one. He also asked her permission to keep her tooth, and she said he had his nurse cleaning it up when she was leaving. He told her, it's one thing when someone doesn't take care of their mouth, or get regular dental check ups, and care. It's quite another matter when a person takes care of their mouth, gets routine checkups, and dental care, then the dentist does substandard work, causing serious problems. Had it been an isolated case, it might be different too, but the medicaid dentist did this on 2 separate occasions.
It is terrible that Dentistry is not given as much importance as medical care! Teeth and gums are very important for health

I am loving my computer rebuild. Yes, I can tell a big difference. I did good. Dh was looking at how much we've spent. Like I told him, it would have been 3 times that amount, had I not done my research, and made sure I got the most bang for the buck. He knows it.

When I was researching, and made my selections, I went into newegg.com, and amazon.com, and put the components on a wish list. There's a reason I did that. Years ago, when Comp USA was open, we used to go there to get our components. I learned that oftentimes, there can be a series, and a big difference between models. Examples: Western Digital Red series 6 TB hard drives. There is the regular, and a Pro model. They are the same, except for 1 thing. The read/write speed. That is how fast it can transfer data. The read/write speed on the Pro, is significantly higher than that on the regular. This means things will load faster, install programs faster, run them faster, etc. My motherboard, the Asus ROG Strix X570 serries, has several models. There is the X570-E Gaming, X570-E Gaming Advanced, X570-F, X570-F Advanced, X570-I. While they all say Asus ROG Strix X570, there is a difference between the models. That's important.

I didn't want him to accidentally click on something that was similar, but not exactly what I was wanting. It's easy to do.

I am loving my computer rebuild. Yes, I can tell a big difference. I did good. Dh was looking at how much we've spent. Like I told him, it would have been 3 times that amount, had I not done my research, and made sure I got the most bang for the buck. He knows it.

When I was researching, and made my selections, I went into newegg.com, and amazon.com, and put the components on a wish list. There's a reason I did that. Years ago, when Comp USA was open, we used to go there to get our components. I learned that oftentimes, there can be a series, and a big difference between models. Examples: Western Digital Red series 6 TB hard drives. There is the regular, and a Pro model. They are the same, except for 1 thing. The read/write speed. That is how fast it can transfer data. The read/write speed on the Pro, is significantly higher than that on the regular. This means things will load faster, install programs faster, run them faster, etc. My motherboard, the Asus ROG Strix X570 serries, has several models. There is the X570-E Gaming, X570-E Gaming Advanced, X570-F, X570-F Advanced, X570-I. While they all say Asus ROG Strix X570, there is a difference between the models. That's important.

I didn't want him to accidentally click on something that was similar, but not exactly what I was wanting. It's easy to do.
You can set up a very good system on a budget that way!

Back
Top Bottom