The Old Folks Home

getaclue

Enabler
7 Years
Jun 19, 2013
Central Florida
I'm watching a documentary type show about sinkholes. We have had them for years in Florida. Scientists suggest it's because of the heavy layer of limestone, which is a soft mineral, that depletes over time due to water, and it opens up sinkholes. From watching this, it seems it's not just a problem here, but all over the country, and even in other countries. It would seem that it's not just about having a having a heavy layer of limestone that depletes. Interesting.

Last edited:

Peep_Show

Free Ranging
10 Years
Mar 14, 2010
Corrales, NM
Had a moment of consternation there with the mention of Rivel Soup, and then realized my dyslexia kicked in.

When I was a kid, Sis and I would badger Mom (who didn't really cook or, at least, cooked like she hated to) with "What's for dinner?" "When's dinner?" etc. One day Mom answered with "We're having something new. Rivel!" We were rather excited by this prospect until we sat down and discovered it was just liver spelled backwards.

Needless to say, I just couldn't fathom why anyone would think liver soup was comfort food. Yech. Mea culpa.

chickadoodles

Enabler
7 Years
Feb 28, 2013
Gone camping
Consult went well yesterday. My Cardiologist yesterday afternoon. He’s referred me to his boss at UAB for another consult next week. He said this one could be online probably.
But he said UAB has better staff and equipment for my surgery.
He said he had him do surgery on his father that he’s an excellent surgeon.
I asked if he would fix my heart and he said he believes he will.
So I have hope.

ronott1

A chicken will always remember the egg
Project Manager
Premium Feather Member
9 Years
Mar 31, 2011
Woodland, CA
My Coop
Consult went well yesterday. My Cardiologist yesterday afternoon. He’s referred me to his boss at UAB for another consult next week. He said this one could be online probably.
But he said UAB has better staff and equipment for my surgery.
He said he had him do surgery on his father that he’s an excellent surgeon.
I asked if he would fix my heart and he said he believes he will.
So I have hope.
I hope you can go the the better Surgeon and hospital!

Top Bottom