The Old Folks Home

I am sorry for the painful feet. It it neuropathy or arthritis?
It's arthritis plus I have plantar fasciitis. I discovered 10 years ago that I have deformed bones in my feet. I knew I had weird toes but had no idea that the problem was more extensive than it looked. The doctor was amazed that my feet weren't bothering me more than they were. Not much to be done about it other than wearing heavy duty arch supports.

I was always clumsy as a child and even as an adult but never thought it was because of my feet being deformed. Funny thing is that nobody caught it as I was growing up. They function normally enough as far as walking and running go. I just have to watch where I'm going and wear shoes that give me good support.

Good morning Old Folk! Can you believe that we are in the middle of August all ready. I heard on the radio a few days ago that they are already fretting about the upcoming holidays and 'oh what are we going to do with people not able to get together wah wah wah'. Come on guys, the holidays are going to happen whether the Corona Virus is around or not. Stay safe, Stay home and break with tradition. Start a new tradition with a small intimate family get together. It isn't going to kill anyone, single or married with a big family if you stay at home one year. In fact, it could probably save your life it you are in an area where the virus is flaring up or where you have folks who are high risk in your family.

Locally we have seen a 800% increase in cases in our area in the past 4 weeks. That is a huge jump. People are wandering around without face masks like everything is normal when it is far from it. I can't believe the number of 'ostriches with their heads in the sand' that are out there. Their attitude is 'if we ignore it, it will go away' sort of thing. And with the regular flu season lurking out there I fear we won't see the end of it for some time.

Rant for the day over, :lau Y'all have a GREAT Saturday!

My dad always checked the obituaries to make sure he wasn't there before making plans

My mom did the same thing. She used to say that she wanted to make certain that she was still alive. When she passed and her obituary was printed I said, 'Hey look, Mom, your name is in the paper'!

It's arthritis plus I have plantar fasciitis. I discovered 10 years ago that I have deformed bones in my feet. I knew I had weird toes but had no idea that the problem was more extensive than it looked. The doctor was amazed that my feet weren't bothering me more than they were. Not much to be done about it other than wearing heavy duty arch supports.

I was always clumsy as a child and even as an adult but never thought it was because of my feet being deformed. Funny thing is that nobody caught it as I was growing up. They function normally enough as far as walking and running go. I just have to watch where I'm going and wear shoes that give me good support.

Good morning Old Folk! Can you believe that we are in the middle of August all ready. I heard on the radio a few days ago that they are already fretting about the upcoming holidays and 'oh what are we going to do with people not able to get together wah wah wah'. Come on guys, the holidays are going to happen whether the Corona Virus is around or not. Stay safe, Stay home and break with tradition. Start a new tradition with a small intimate family get together. It isn't going to kill anyone, single or married with a big family if you stay at home one year. In fact, it could probably save your life it you are in an area where the virus is flaring up or where you have folks who are high risk in your family.

Locally we have seen a 800% increase in cases in our area in the past 4 weeks. That is a huge jump. People are wandering around without face masks like everything is normal when it is far from it. I can't believe the number of 'ostriches with their heads in the sand' that are out there. Their attitude is 'if we ignore it, it will go away' sort of thing. And with the regular flu season lurking out there I fear we won't see the end of it for some time.

Rant for the day over, :lau Y'all have a GREAT Saturday!
My gosh, @microchick , you and I are a mess. I have had plantar fasciitis too. Hugs.

Back
Top Bottom