The Old Folks Home

Only 83 degrees out. The sky is dark, the wind is blowing fiercely, and it's begun to sprinkle. I think we're in for a pretty good storm. It's been brewing for a couple days. I got Quacker-Sparkles' home all cleaned up before the rain hit. Quacker-Sparkles is upset with me. He/she likes to be petted, but not picked up. I picked him/her up the other day, so I'm in the dog house, with the dang duck. He goes up to everyone but me, for a pet. He follows me around, but stays just out of my reach, if I try to pet him. Good thing Quacker-Sparkles isn't spoiled, right?

Hi everyone. Busy weekend here trying to get the fall projects done. We have spent the past two days putting a new door in the entrance to the shop which is also the entrance to my brooder room. That door was 32 inches and we wanted to put a 36 inch in. Fun Fun.

Next on the list? New wall for the shed/chicken coop. We really know how to party here in Missouri. :lau

We have had a week of high haze from the western fires. No blue skies and the sun is weirdly pretty at sunset.

42.8F going down - have the furnace going already.
Yep. It was 60° in the house this morning with no hope in the forecast for any temps that would warm the house if the windows were opened. I got dressed, went down to the cellar and crawl space and put new filters in both hot air furnaces. Turned the thermostats to "Heat".

Hello everyone.. I haven't been here in a while.. Just wanted to say hello.. Still have my chicken.. :frow
Nice to see you Chris, it has been a long time. Hopefully things are going well for you.

Only 83 degrees out.
"Only" :lol: It maybe made it up to 50° today from just below freezing .... same as yesterday. It will be just as cold tonight but might make mid 50s tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom