The Old Folks Home

I'm listening to a..crying pup. Have him in a kennel. Off and on all day. Have played with him, taken him out to go potty I can't remember how many times, I think he thinks his name is ..
Potty...🤣. He's smart! I take him out and bring him in as soon as he's done..so he knows already that's why he's out there. Pretty handsome little dude. View attachment 2722023View attachment 2722024
Cute little thing.

Congrats on being a momma again @Cynthia12 . Good Morning OF. Was out at 6 am yesterday mowing while it was cool out. Managed to finish off the back yard but paid for it in the end. Was totally wiped out the rest of the day. Finally said to heck with no red meat and made pepper steak for dinner. I have to have my red meat.
Red meat is great if you can afford it anymore. Saw an 18 lb. untrimmed beef brisket yesterday for $84,00. No thank you.

Red meat is great if you can afford it anymore. Saw an 18 lb. untrimmed beef brisket yesterday for $84,00. No thank you.
we got 1/2 beef cow in Oct. last year and another in Feb. from local farmer. It worked out to be about $5 per pound. grass fed/butchered and packaged. Will continue to do that---grocery was limiting purchases and the quality of this beef is exceptional

I find steaks that are not so expensive and make stew, pepper steak, or whatever. Of course hamburger is always an option too. Since I live alone, and cook for 4, I get quite a few meals out of whatever I cook. Pork is not an option for me, and I can only choke down so much chicken and fish.

Hi everyone.

At this point in time I don't know how many days we have been back in the timber harvesting wood. I also think I've lost track of how many buckets of rounds DH has hauled up to the barn. I'm to the point today where I told him that if I didn't get out of the woods I wasn't going to be responsible for my behavior. The breeze that was blowing on the pasture wasn't reaching the ridge we were working on. While it was cooler in the timber, he was getting blow back from the tractor motor so we were both pretty miserable.

Temps continue to be hot here. Tomorrow it's supposed to be up near 100. A tarp that I ordered arrived today and I'll have to put it up this afternoon to give the chickens some shade. Next week they are calling for temps in the mid 70s.

It'll be almost spring like here....oh wait, it is spring.

@Cynthia12, your new furbaby is adorable! Nothing sweeter than a sleeping puppy unless it is a sleeping baby.

yes--we eat a lot of chicken. Hubby won't eat fish
I eat a lot of chicken and poultry in general but DH doesn't care for it unless I'm able to camouflage it a lot.

I try to buy lean loin cuts of both beef and pork and frankly I like pork more than beef.

I read the other day that chicken prices are skyrocketing also. There are times where I go out to feed the bachelors and grumble about them but like the other day I told DH that the way meat prices are going we may be enjoying slow cooked rooster meat in the future. So I keep shoving the food at them so they stay nice and plump.

Here they think I'm just being generous to them, :lol:

Back
Top Bottom