The Old Folks Home

I've been wanting to try black rifle.
Tried Death Wish coffee awhile back made here upstate just above Albany. Touted as the strongest coffee in the world. Bought a bag of pumpkin spice on sale for a few bucks normally it's $20 lb.
Didn't taste very strong to me, like regular coffee. Then I noticed on the bag it called for 2.5 tablespoons of coffee for every 6 ounces of water..... No wonder they can call themselves strongest coffee when they say to add two and a half times more than any other brand Lol.
The claim is for the caffeine level in the beans not really the taste of the coffee.

For strong tasting coffee, I roast the beans to a darker level.

I used to love A & W root beer but, it seemed to taste a lot better when I was a teenager getting it at a drive-in. :(
The old A & W places made their own root bear. It was awesome! and does not taste like the bottled version from the store.

I HATE setting up new cell phones, and I really HATE the new selection. Dd#1 broke her phone. An hour before closing, Dh insists we run to the phone store, which is about 25 minutes away. He wanted me to have the latest, greatest phone.

When we arrived, you could tell the guy was somewhat of a newbie. When we told him what we wanted, he informed us that they don't do data transfers from the old phone to the new one, when it's that close to closing. We could take the phone, and do it ourselves. This is called the bum rush. I wasn't impressed. When trying to get a $1,600.00 phone, I don't think a little customer service is too much to ask.

When I was asking about the difference between the various S21 model phones, the S21 Ultra 5G has the best camera available on any phone. Wow, I wasn't the least bit impressed. I want a phone, and yes a decent camera is nice, but I would never use my phone for serious pictures. We have a good Nikon camera for that.

When I mentioned I had everything backed up on my mini SD card, so it would be easy to transfer data, I was informed the new S21 Ultra 5G's doesn't take them. They come with 3 memory sizes. Ok, we want the largest one.

The guy gets a phone from the back, gets the info transferred, and activates the new SIM card. That's when he told us it was only the 120 GB capacity. Um, we said we wanted the largest available memory, which is the 520 GB. Nope, they don't carry them. All they carry is the 120 GB. To get the larger memory, they would have to order it in. He then asks why I would need all that memory. To store pictures, videos, music, etc. He then asks why I would store things on my phone, when I could use (pay for) streaming services for music, and store everything else on the cloud. I don't want to use streaming services, and I don't back things up on the cloud. There are things I prefer to keep on my phone, and I back up pics, videos I take, etc. on my computer, and a portable hard drive.

At that point, I had enough, told him to take the phone back, and cancel everything. (I was going to come home, study the phones and pick one that better suited my wants, then go back tomorrow, or go online and order the one I actually wanted). The guy's face was priceless. Total shock, and disbelief. Dh's face was also shock, and disbelief. Dh took the phone. He was so embarrassed, he didn't bother getting any of his discounts. He was yelling at me the whole ride home, and I was yelling right back at him. 1. They wouldn't help us with transferring data. 2. They made it clear they were more concerned about getting us out of there before closing time, than assisting us with anything. 3 They did a bait & switch with the phones, since they didn't even HAVE the one we wanted. 4. It doesn't matter why I want the larger memory capacity, and I really don't care about his condescending opinion about me wanting the larger memory.

Dd is getting my S10+, which is a great phone. I got Dh's S20 Ultra (Yes, I can add my SD card for extra memory), and Dh got stuck with the new S21 Ultra. Oh, he's since discovered that the sound quality on the new phone, is not very good.
My new phone is a samsung A32. I do not keep a lot on the phone so google backup and restore worked great!

The phone was free from T-mobile and works very well. It is a bit heavy but the battery lasts for three days.

That part annoys me too. :old

Another reason not to upgrade. :lau
I hade to get a new phone. The old sprint cdma will not work on the new T mobile network starting in January.

My three year old phone is obsolete! It seems like I just got it....

Phones can't live without them, can't live with them.

When we upgraded the last time, mainly because our existing phone took a dump, we went to the local Verizon store.

We told the clerk what we are looking for. Since we retired we discovered that we were less dependent on our phones. Didn't need a big data plan, didn't need a phone that would sing and dance and cook dinner for us. We needed simple internet, a good camera was a bonus but didn't need no bells and whistles or fancy schmancy apps.

The clerk started rolling out all of these 'packages' he had that had this addition and that addition and something about it connecting with your car computer so it would play your music on your sd card through your car radio. We kind of looked at one another and chuckled, told the guy not with our car, it didn't have a computer. We were driving our VW Jetta. 1986 model. No computer. Not much anything except 50+MPG rating. Mr. Personality asked us what kind of car were we driving anyway and we told him to turn around. He did and we pointed to our little Jetta in the parking lot.

Suddenly he got busy with somebody else and left us sitting there. Never suspected that our other car is a Mercedes and DH is a retired doctor. Can't judge a book by it's cover and we were dressed in shorts and shirts.....driving a little old Jetta that day looking like we had just stepped off the farm....which we had.

Went over to Walmart. Talked to the clerk in charge of the phone plans, told her what happened at the Verizon store and she just laughed her head off. But she knew exactly what we needed and sold us a phone and a data plan that covered what we needed. Evidently from what she said, we weren't the first to deal with Mr Personality at the Verizon store.

I had the pleasure of calling verizon and telling them in detail about the store we had dealt with. Hope the guy got fired.

Anyway. Howdy everyone. Not around much over the weekend mainly because our internet was down more than up thanks to the weather. Over 5 inches of rain since Saturday. Monsoon like? Oh heck yeah. Soggy, muddy, garden plants lying on the ground. Tomato plant broke to heck. High winds tearing down one of our antennas and scattering stuff everywhere. No rain today but more expected on Thursday night and Friday. We needed rain badly but not all at once thank you.

I'll ask the question here first never know maybe someone knows. Found this old trap in FIL's barn. Has a extra spring on it. Just kinda wondering what it's for have had no luck googling it.
Here's a pic
View attachment 2727585
I think that has a function to open , and set the trap.

Phones can't live without them, can't live with them.

When we upgraded the last time, mainly because our existing phone took a dump, we went to the local Verizon store.

We told the clerk what we are looking for. Since we retired we discovered that we were less dependent on our phones. Didn't need a big data plan, didn't need a phone that would sing and dance and cook dinner for us. We needed simple internet, a good camera was a bonus but didn't need no bells and whistles or fancy schmancy apps.

The clerk started rolling out all of these 'packages' he had that had this addition and that addition and something about it connecting with your car computer so it would play your music on your sd card through your car radio. We kind of looked at one another and chuckled, told the guy not with our car, it didn't have a computer. We were driving our VW Jetta. 1986 model. No computer. Not much anything except 50+MPG rating. Mr. Personality asked us what kind of car were we driving anyway and we told him to turn around. He did and we pointed to our little Jetta in the parking lot.

Suddenly he got busy with somebody else and left us sitting there. Never suspected that our other car is a Mercedes and DH is a retired doctor. Can't judge a book by it's cover and we were dressed in shorts and shirts.....driving a little old Jetta that day looking like we had just stepped off the farm....which we had.

Went over to Walmart. Talked to the clerk in charge of the phone plans, told her what happened at the Verizon store and she just laughed her head off. But she knew exactly what we needed and sold us a phone and a data plan that covered what we needed. Evidently from what she said, we weren't the first to deal with Mr Personality at the Verizon store.

I had the pleasure of calling verizon and telling them in detail about the store we had dealt with. Hope the guy got fired.

Anyway. Howdy everyone. Not around much over the weekend mainly because our internet was down more than up thanks to the weather. Over 5 inches of rain since Saturday. Monsoon like? Oh heck yeah. Soggy, muddy, garden plants lying on the ground. Tomato plant broke to heck. High winds tearing down one of our antennas and scattering stuff everywhere. No rain today but more expected on Thursday night and Friday. We needed rain badly but not all at once thank you.
I need some of those capabilities because the phone is required for work!

Back
Top Bottom