The Old Folks Home

Sally PB

Crossing the Road
Premium Feather Member
Aug 7, 2020
Belding, MI
I just looked up Common Core. I am totally befuddled.

When I worked in mold design, one of my coworkers had a child in 3rd (?) grade. His teacher told him that a right angle was "a right turn." Dad said, no, it's called a right angle. Call it that, and if your teacher has a problem, she can call me and I will tell her that she is doing a grave disservice to her students dumbing down basic principles. And then I'll call the Principal, and go to the next school board meeting.

Another person told me his 6th grade daughter was told to spell words "how she thought they should be spelled."

In that case, Teacher, my name is spelled, S-A-L-8-L-Y. The 8 is silent. You got a problem with that?

CSolis

Crossing the Road
May 17, 2020
Red Level, AL
I've been meaning to do this for a few days. Each time I go out to feed, I still admire this flock. Bruce is a son of one of the first roos I got, and 3 of the ladies are my first ever hens. Those are their daughters with them. The daughters are bigger and fuller bodied than the original hens. So, I'm pleased with myself. Henrietta will be 2 in March, and for a BSL is still popping out eggs on a daily basis.

P.S. I don't know what the heck YT did to the video, it's as sharp as can be on my phone and on YT itself.

silverhair67

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
Jun 23, 2021
I've been meaning to do this for a few days. Each time I go out to feed, I still admire this flock. Bruce is a son of one of the first roos I got, and 3 of the ladies are my first ever hens. Those are their daughters with them. The daughters are bigger and fuller bodied than the original hens. So, I'm pleased with myself. Henrietta will be 2 in March, and for a BSL is still popping out eggs on a daily basis.

P.S. I don't know what the heck YT did to the video, it's as sharp as can be on my phone and on YT itself.
nice looking flock:clap

Top Bottom