The Old Folks Home

Afternoon all. Trying to get things caught up. GI appointment is tomorrow. Not too nervous about it more anticipatory than anything. As in, let's get this show on the road and find out what is wrong with my digestive track!

I have to admit I'm getting used to and enjoying my new diet. Chicken, fish. once a week a hamburger made out of 93%lean ground sirloin. Lunch today was a fruit and Chobani smoothy with my new favorite snack food, Cheez Its white cheddar grooves. I no longer miss coffee and my sweet tooth is being sated by frozen fruit (mangos are my favorite with tropical fruit second) and honey for my iced and hot tea.

I'm anxious to hear what the new doctor has to say about things.

Last edited:
Afternoon all. Trying to get things caught up. GI appointment is tomorrow. Not too nervous about it more anticipatory than anything. As in, let's get this show on the road and find out what is wrong with my digestive track!

I have to admit I'm getting used to and enjoying my new diet. Chicken, fist. once a week a hamburger made out of 93%lean ground sirloin. Lunch today was a fruit and Chobani smoothy with my new favorite snack food, Cheez Its white cheddar grooves. I no longer miss coffee and my sweet tooth is being sated by frozen fruit (mangos are my favorite with tropical fruit second) and honey for my iced and hot tea.

I'm anxious to hear what the new doctor has to say about things.
I'm anxious to hear too! And I'm glad your finding a new normal diet! Feeling good makes all the difference!

Meanwhile back at Ft McCluck things are almost as normal as always. Trying to clean the kitchen and living room floors. Fritter chases the broom and jumps in the pile of sand, then goes for a ride on the dust pan.. I get out the bucket add warm water and Murphy's Oil soap, get down to business the old fashioned way (hands and knees) and Fritter is chasing the rag, jumping on my hand and just helping out as often as possible, for the entire floor. Reminds me of this!

I got my booster shot this morning. So far so good. Didn't get sick with the last two. 🤞. The rain is finally slowing down here. Been going since yesterday. A lot of moisture! Especially grateful the mountains are getting snow!
The Princess and I had little to no reaction to the Moderna booster. Hope that you are as lucky.

Mom, Pyper 2 pups one right after the other. 2 minutes she popped out another then another
003.jpg
002.jpg

Meanwhile back at Ft McCluck things are almost as normal as always. Trying to clean the kitchen and living room floors. Fritter chases the broom and jumps in the pile of sand, then goes for a ride on the dust pan.. I get out the bucket add warm water and Murphy's Oil soap, get down to business the old fashioned way (hands and knees) and Fritter is chasing the rag, jumping on my hand and just helping out as often as possible, for the entire floor. Reminds me of this!

It's fun when they follow you around like a puppy! But my pets turned into real chickens the day they gained there free range freedom. They still pop into my lap but in a flash they are gone. Instead of 6 snoozing ladies in my lap, they found new favorite spots in bushes and under trees. I miss them but I was afraid they would make a new home on the porch outside the front door and it hasn't happened. Their feed and treats go untouched- but their crops are packed. Yesterday I saw them sitting in a row with heads outside the fence- they have a big enough yard that they can keep their heads tucked in but upon inspection their were hundreds of not thousands of flies pouring out of the ground. I wondered if they were lantern flies hatching

l
It's fun when they follow you around like a puppy! But my pets turned into real chickens the day they gained there free range freedom. They still pop into my lap but in a flash they are gone. Instead of 6 snoozing ladies in my lap, they found new favorite spots in bushes and under trees. I miss them but I was afraid they would make a new home on the porch outside the front door and it hasn't happened. Their feed and treats go untouched- but their crops are packed. Yesterday I saw them sitting in a row with heads outside the fence- they have a big enough yard that they can keep their heads tucked in but upon inspection their were hundreds of not thousands of flies pouring out of the ground. I wondered if they were lantern flies hatching
lantern flies is that the same as a fire fly?

Back
Top Bottom