The Old Folks Home

I always think that the problem with an aquarium heater is it
1. Heats the water, usually you only need the water at 35 or 40F. So, that is extra electricity waste, thermo cube or not.
2. They bust when run dry.
3. They are not sturdy. So you wouldn't want to put one in an open water bucket where birds could peck it.

That is why I like the de-icers.
I put my aquarium heaters in 5 gallon buckets with the lid on, and plug them into thermal cubes so they only come on when it's cold out.

Hey Cindy, yes , other than having to wait an hour. How was your day so far?
Well, I managed to get 4 cartons of eggs to Amanda and her mother without falling on my keister and breaking them. Then took the Gator over to the vet where he got his rabies shot. I managed to escape for ONLY $12 this time. March 21st he goes back in to have a cyst removed and a thingie from his lower eyelid so we are Bill Free in that respect until Mar.

Last edited:
Well, I managed to get 4 cartons of eggs to Amanda and her mother without falling on my keister and breaking them. Then took the Gator over to the vet where he got his rabies shot. I managed to escape for ONLY $12 this time. March 21th he goes back in to have a cyst removed and a thingie from his lower eyelid so we are Bill Free in that respect until Mar.
That's amazing! I have never had a dog to the vet and gotten off that cheaply!

How about you comin' on down this way? Always room for peeps with chicks!
I wanted to come and treat my ladies to your fair weather and meet you all! I love seeing your set up and your whole gang in your pictures and I'd like to see it in real time. (My ladies make big wet splashes though because they are on a grass diet so I guess we would definitely have to stay outside! My phone changed my words!!

I wanted to come and treat my ladies to your fair weather and meet you all! I love seeing your set up and your whole gang in your pictures and I'd like to see it in real time. (My ladies make big wet splashes though because they are on a grass diet so I guess we would definitely have to stay outside! My phone changed my words!!
We've got plenty of grass here for them to eat! Will just expand the hot wire fencing and create a new space for them! My phone can't change my words, mostly just poor speeling on my part!

Back
Top Bottom