The Old Folks Home

@CSolis want to pack up your flock and come to my house today? It's not sunny but about 30°. If you like listening to music with us while we work you are welcome to come! (My ladies make big splashes so they stay on the cardboard🤭)

Attachments

• 20220125_114337_HDR.jpg
    20220125_114337_HDR.jpg
    325.5 KB · Views: 1
True

:eek:? Bad product? I assume it was "ambient temp" when you put it in.

I was thinking more of using an aquarium in a nipple bucket waterer, not in an open bowl.

Chickens prefer to roost high!! Every one of my girls spend the night 4' off the ground in the coop. Even at temps far below anything you'll ever see in Florida and 50°F below your +29°F.
It was tap water and summer so it wasn't like it was icy cold. the other one held up fine so I'm assuming it was just a defective unit.

Morning everyone.

@CapricornFarm, my new water heater had an initiation last night. It got down to 1 degree and this morning I was greeted with unfrozen water! Happy Dance Time!
giphy.gif

My plans are to buy another heater or two next week along with two tins of Royal Dansk butter cookies and make another one or two of them. DH said no problem, he would be glad to eat the cookies.;)

The ER experience was not too bad. Understand, Florida does not require masks, or social distancing anywhere, however, the doctors' offices, clinics, and hospitals are among the very few exceptions, since they must follow recommended guidelines. That means we have to wear masks there. The seating is spaced a bit further apart, but not a full 6 ft. That's about the only differences now.

No, the wait time is not significantly longer than it was prior to covid. No, the hospitals are not any more overloaded than they were before covid.

Due to the Care Act, which is monetary incentive given to the hospitals, and care providers for covid, money is provided for the following:
1. Payment for offering the covid test.
2. Bonus payment for all positive tests.
3. Bonus payment for anyone admitted with covid.
4. Bonus payment for anyone put on the Remdescivir protocol.
5. Bonus payment for anyone put on a ventilator.
These do not include the payments regarding deaths.

The money incentive means that everyone going into the ER to be treated for anything, must take a covid test, regardless of symptoms. No, this does not slow down the admitting process. All those testing positive for covid, WILL be admitted, at least until the next morning, regardless of symptoms, for the additional bonuses. It goes on from there, depending on the circumstances, and doctor(s) involved. This is why they wanted to admit my grandson overnight, but wanted to release him the next morning. They did the test (payment), he was positive (bonus payment), he was admitted (another bonus payment). He had no symptoms of covid, nor was there any respiratory difficulty whatsoever. With little chance of him going to the next step, being put on the Remdescivir protocol, they had pretty much done what they needed to collect all the covid monies they could from him, so it was time to send him on his way. It's a revolving door type thing, all about the money. They don't get any bonuses for surgery, even on covid patients.

So when all is said and done, it's all about the $$$$$$$$$$$$. I would like to say that I am stunned but I'm not.

When I was in the ER in Sept, they did not test me. I was in a common waiting area with all kinds of sick folks. There was some spacing but not much. When I was taken back, the couple across the hall from me in an open front cubicle with hanging curtain was there because the woman had Covid.

I had an N95 mask on. Took it off once because I had to blow my nose long after the folks across the hall had left. I was lucky. No covid and my immune system was about as compromised as it could get at that moment.

I still do a 'Doxology' thanking the Maker for shielding me that morning and still shielding us from severe illness.

It was tap water and summer so it wasn't like it was icy cold. the other one held up fine so I'm assuming it was just a defective unit.

Morning everyone.

@CapricornFarm, my new water heater had an initiation last night. It got down to 1 degree and this morning I was greeted with unfrozen water! Happy Dance Time!
View attachment 2972147

My plans are to buy another heater or two next week along with two tins of Royal Dansk butter cookies and make another one or two of them. DH said no problem, he would be glad to eat the cookies.;)
So glad it worked for you! Sure saves a lot of labor, and the chickens have water to drink until they empty it out.

So glad it worked for you! Sure saves a lot of labor, and the chickens have water to drink until they empty it out.
I collected metal bowls when I was able to get to second hand shops so I have a lot of them for utility use.

Plus Dollar Tree has some metal 'pet bowl' small medium and large that I got for only a buck each. I use the large ones for dog food bowls.

My current warmer has I think a 2 quart bowl on it. I put bricks around it so the littlies could hop up and reach the water. Works perfectly.

I collected metal bowls when I was able to get to second hand shops so I have a lot of them for utility use.

Plus Dollar Tree has some metal 'pet bowl' small medium and large that I got for only a buck each. I use the large ones for dog food bowls.

My current warmer has I think a 2 quart bowl on it. I put bricks around it so the littlies could hop up and reach the water. Works perfectly.
Yes, i have metal and some plastic bowls galore. I use them to feed and water the stock when i go to sales among other things.

Back
Top Bottom