The Old Folks Home

I gather up kindling around the splitter when we split and put it in chicken feed bags. Since we harvest dead fall and dead standing wood it creates it's one kindling when we split it.
I pick up sticks, as i walk around the farm and snap them into lengths. Then fill up storage bins with them. Put bins in garden shed, they dry out really well in there.

Get this, my husband enjoys splitting wood! I offered to get a splitter and he said he wouldn't use it!
Use it or lose it. Way to go.
We dislike splitting, we dislike chopping kindling...

We use a blow torch to start the fire. :clap
Somehow this does not surprise me in the least. Seriously, 'Al', you need to write a book.

Get this, my husband enjoys splitting wood! I offered to get a splitter and he said he wouldn't use it!
We split wood by hand until we retired and realized how much wood we would need to heat our home 6 months out of the year. My shoulders were starting to bother me with arthritis so I knew I wouldn't be much help and DH couldn't do it all by himself so I said 'we need a splitter'.

I think it's right in line with our Tractor and chain saws when it comes to valuable farm equipment.

This is the cat tree I am redoing for us.
003.jpg

Back
Top Bottom