The Old Folks Home

Thanks Becky, i am just having a hard time with my husband which really has never happened before. So stressful. And now suddenly i am supposed to give up the foods i love, which have been my solace.
Also, hubby has not been able to find a contractor to build my studio. So i am researching that myself. Trying to make pieces without making a mess is pretty impossible. This is my lifeline to sanity, my art. Trying to keep from sliding into a deep depression is not easy. Still trying to get over the loss of my Dad, Aunt, and my Mother.
I have been sleeping a lot to try and get over this illness, which has drained my energy even further. Sadly, i have not found any friends locally yet to commiserate with, it is lonely.
So now you see my woes, and i will try not to dwell on it. I know others are worse off than i. Have a hearing test and diagnostic mammogram lined up for next month, and my new doctor wants me to have a sleep study done.
I hope everyone has a good day, and stays safe from calamity.
You aren't alone, Cap.

The food thing sux rocks, I know. I've had to give up just about everything I enjoy as snack food. Besides the restrictive diet for diverticular disease, the doctor gave me an ultimatum this spring. Bring down my weight, change my diet even more to bring my cholesterol down or face trying different medicines that I may or may not tolerate in order to control it.

I lost approximately 26 pounds to date but had to give up most sugary snacks, switch to whole wheat everything, give up bread. Poultry and fish only protein along with low fat cheeses. No pancakes for breakfast, no waffles. Have to eat my big bowl of bark-like cereal every morning for fiber. My husband asked me one morning why it took me so long to eat it and I told him I felt like and old cow chewing her cud and offered him a spoonful. He chewed and he chewed and he chewed, swallowed and said, 'that's horrible'.

My life and welcome to it.

I finally reached my weight goal of 120 pounds and now have to maintain which is hard as my diet is so restricted.

But the good news is I dropped my cholesterol/lipid profile to within range and can dodge the medicines for the moment. All I have to do is maintain my diet.

I'm very lucky as my husband is very supportive of me and I don't know what I would do without him. He is constantly telling me to work less and play more which I do try to do but our lifestyle is a busy one. I think the day he found me on the floor semi conscious and vomiting hit him pretty hard and he is just at this point in time wanting me to take better care of myself.

Which I am trying to do.

You can get through this, Cap. Hang in there. You are like me and a lot stronger than you think you are. :hugs

As for your DH, sooner or later the chickens will come home to roost and he will be in your shoes facing health problems and challenges. It happens to everybody. And from my experience I've observed that Karma is a cold hearted Witch when she wants to be.

You aren't alone, Cap.

The food thing sux rocks, I know. I've had to give up just about everything I enjoy as snack food. Besides the restrictive diet for diverticular disease, the doctor gave me an ultimatum this spring. Bring down my weight, change my diet even more to bring my cholesterol down or face trying different medicines that I may or may not tolerate in order to control it.

I lost approximately 26 pounds to date but had to give up most sugary snacks, switch to whole wheat everything, give up bread. Poultry and fish only protein along with low fat cheeses. No pancakes for breakfast, no waffles. Have to eat my big bowl of bark-like cereal every morning for fiber. My husband asked me one morning why it took me so long to eat it and I told him I felt like and old cow chewing her cud and offered him a spoonful. He chewed and he chewed and he chewed, swallowed and said, 'that's horrible'.

My life and welcome to it.

I finally reached my weight goal of 120 pounds and now have to maintain which is hard as my diet is so restricted.

But the good news is I dropped my cholesterol/lipid profile to within range and can dodge the medicines for the moment. All I have to do is maintain my diet.

I'm very lucky as my husband is very supportive of me and I don't know what I would do without him. He is constantly telling me to work less and play more which I do try to do but our lifestyle is a busy one. I think the day he found me on the floor semi conscious and vomiting hit him pretty hard and he is just at this point in time wanting me to take better care of myself.

Which I am trying to do.

You can get through this, Cap. Hang in there. You are like me and a lot stronger than you think you are. :hugs

As for your DH, sooner or later the chickens will come home to roost and he will be in your shoes facing health problems and challenges. It happens to everybody. And from my experience I've observed that Karma is a cold hearted Witch when she wants to be.
My husband nearly died from an aneurysm in his brain. In fact, he didn't go to the hospital because he thought it was just a bad migraine. He also suffers from sponge kidneys, which keep producing antler like stones. He is the toughest man i know. He used to go to work, even while peeing blood, from the damaging stones. He suffers migraines, though like myself, they have been less frequent as we age. He had emergency surgery on his spine one Saturday, because he was losing use of his arm. He had a titanium plate installed. He doesn't let it slow him down. Even with scoliosis, he fells trees and chops wood. We use wood almost exclusively to heat our home.
So he figures pain is just part of life. Carry on.

Back
Top Bottom