The Old Folks Home

Some days I sit and just think about stuff. Some times it's the things my mom confessed to me things that she did as a kid. Especially what a 4 year old kid could get into. When in her mid 80's one day when I was taking her to a medical app. she started telling me about how people bought a frying chicken from the grocery store when she was 4. There were no refrigerated meat cases in the rear of the store. If you wanted fried chicken for Sunday dinner you went to the rear of the store and got the manager and he would go with you out the rear of the store to the coop.... You picked out a bird. Not a bird for him to fix. No. He caught it with a hook on the end of a wire with a handle and put it in a burlap bag for you to deal with. We evidently mom didn't like what she saw and one day while my grandmother was getting groceries my mom had the bright idea to slip out the back door and turn those poor chickens loose. And that is just what she did. Unfortunately their freedom was short lived. I don't know how they got rounded up but probably some scratch feed came in to play. I wonder how many more things she did that now no one will ever hear about. I know of a few more that just aren't suited for telling here. She was a real rounder in her day and all of my kids inherited such from her. Love seeing it in my grand kids and great grand kids....

My last goat kidded, she had 4! 2 boys, 2 girls.
20230521_122941.jpg

Back
Top Bottom