The Old Folks Home

When they drew my blood time before last, (they draw blood every month) I was to drink a lot of water, which I did. I was so hydrated, that when she inserted the needle, it almost shot back out of the vein, because of the back pressure. I know that happens, but it's the first time that ever happened to ME. I drink some water, but won't over hydrate again like that.

Have you ever noticed that when you have to fast for testing, you can't eat after midnight, but your appointment isn't until 11:30 am, or later? OR they schedule you early, but when you arrive, the smell of them brewing coffee, and/or seeing everyone drinking coffee is like torture?
I specifically make my appointment for 8 am, so that I can have as little time up and and about before it. No way I could go to 11 am without eating.

And yet, my glucose tests normal, not low.

I specifically make my appointment for 8 am, so that I can have as little time up and and about before it. No way I could go to 11 am without eating.

And yet, my glucose tests normal, not low.
Yeah it was like 12 by the time I got my blood done because he was late seeing me (running behind I think). I was soooo hungry. And then on the website it says I didn’t fast because I forgot to tell them I had so that’s annoying lol but oh well. But anyway, I normally make bloodwork appointments in the morning too or I just don’t fast for them but in this case, I didn’t make the appointment. The hospital did. And they didn’t ask when I wanted appointments or I would’ve made it a Wednesday.

Back
Top Bottom