The Old Folks Home

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Wisher1000, Jul 28, 2012.

1. chickadoodles

chickadoodles True BYC Addict

Feb 28, 2013
    South West Alabama

2. Mmmmm, peach onions! I'd be willing to try some! [​IMG]

I know I quoted more posts than this one but now I can't remember what they were and my computer is still not cooperating completely so going back to find them would be silly and a waste of my time.

Oh, one thing I was going to say to chickadoodles... if he is bound for freezer camp anyway... well, if it were me and he had that future in store for him and I wasn't emotionally attached to him, I'd just end his plight. Not that I'd keep a suffering bird around for my own selfish reasons, if he were in obvious pain, I'd end it for him, no matter how it hurt me... such as the famed Spasmo-lad. He was alive and didn't appear to be suffering but he couldn't get up. I could have continued his convalescence but what kind of life would that be?

Last edited: Jul 7, 2014
  3. bamadude

bamadude Overrun With Chickens

Jan 26, 2014
    skipperville
    Grilled peaches are mmmmm mmmm my favorite. So good makes my typing finger go wwwwwild

4. bamadude

bamadude Overrun With Chickens

Jan 26, 2014
    skipperville
    All u guys who pmed me about tomatoe seeds.... the seeds are still stuck to the goo. I will send them a little later in the week. Does any1 know an easy way to seperate the seeds from goo. Ive been putting goo and seeds in a jar with water. It sort of ferments and the goo loosens up and will run through a tea strainer

5. ronott1

ronott1 Daily Digest Guru Premium Member Project Manager

Mar 31, 2011
    Woodland, California
    My Coop
    I forgot to share my latest Baby chick video.

They are three Pita Pintas and one Partridge Penedesenca. All rare Spainish Breeds!

[​IMG]

6. chickadoodles

Feb 28, 2013
    South West Alabama

7. chickadoodles

Feb 28, 2013
    South West Alabama
    Ron your chicks are so cute! I just want to cuddle them!!! Awww I just love little chicks. [​IMG]

8. ChickenCanoe

ChickenCanoe True BYC Addict

Nov 23, 2010
    St. Louis, MO
    I've never preserved tomato seeds that way. I always just extract them from mature fruit, spread them out to dry and that's it.

9. chickadoodles

Feb 28, 2013
    South West Alabama
    I have a wire hand strainer that is about 6" round, that is what I use to strain and rinse stuff off with.

10. LindaB220

LindaB220 Overrun With Chickens

Aug 23, 2013
    Portland/Vancouver area
    Yeah, my instructions were to soak them in water until next morning and then spread out and dry. Higher rate of germination. Where did I get my instructions. I don't remember but I did do that last year. Unfortunately I can't find the seeds to plant. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by