The Old Folks Home

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Wisher1000, Jul 28, 2012.

1. IttyBiddyRedHen

IttyBiddyRedHen Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2011
    East coast
    Bamadude-come on over and join me in the "I got you blocked" corner. Too many posts, on too many threads....I usually hear crickets. [​IMG] Yes. Even here.

Anyhoo...Happy Birthday to the birthday people! I don't observe birthdays, anniversaries nor holidays.....and sometimes just make up my own. WEG [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 10, 2014
  2. Bunnylady

Bunnylady POOF Goes the Pooka

Nov 27, 2009
    Wilmington, NC
    When I hear crickets, I figure, "Hey, tough room." Not everyone has the same sense of humor, and not everyone laughs out loud. I have no ambitions to be a stand-up comedian, but if I can share a smile, my work is done. Besides, I'm used to comedy being a team effort, and I love it when someone else takes something I threw out and hits it out of the park.

Besides, this is one of the most active threads on BYC as it is. Can you imagine how many posts there would be if everyone reacted to everything people said? Gads! Nobody would have time to read it![​IMG]

3. ronott1

ronott1 Daily Digest Guru Premium Member Project Manager

Mar 31, 2011
    Woodland, California
    My Coop
    Someone would have to start a Daily Digest of the site?

4. ronott1

Mar 31, 2011
    Woodland, California
    My Coop
    [​IMG]
    How about this for orphaned posts?

5. chickisoup

chickisoup one Blessed chicki Premium Member

OZ- I know that many of the "natural" methods that seem to make sense in theory (like DE or pumpkin seeds for a wormer) don't actually produce in practice, but those that actually do no harm might at least be worth a "test run".
    (ok, example-there is actually a chemical in pumpkin seeds lab proven to work as a wormer, however, for the chicken to get enough chemical to be effective the chook would have to eat enough seed to fill something like a 30 lb sack, in a VERY short period of time!!! [​IMG] )

6. Dragonfly216

Dragonfly216 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 21, 2013
    Birmingham, Alabama
    Happy late birthday diva and sour! I hope they were great!

Welcome back Oz! I love to hear your updates of the farm on the island! Looks like things are running smoothly again! I'm glad you were able to get some more good help. How great that you're having such success with the chicken sales! I hope to one day, with egg sales and baby chicks, maybe more, to at least pay for my feed, if not make a little extra. Great photos! And wow, how lucky that you got to spend so much time with the family!

Bamadude, I may not respond to all your posts, but believe me, I'm sitting here giggling! Sometimes I'm catching up while still in bed, about to get up, and I'll wake up my BF, with my laughter, who's trying to sleep next to me!

Good luck with your chickens, chickisoup!

7. lularat

lularat Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2013
    NC
    Same here, I love reading this thread. If I miss a day or two, it takes a while to catch up.

8. Bunnylady

Bunnylady POOF Goes the Pooka

Nov 27, 2009
    Wilmington, NC

9. ronott1

Mar 31, 2011
    Woodland, California
    My Coop
    There would be a lot of comedic content with Bamadude on here!

Hmmm....

10. Wisher1000

Wisher1000 Bama Biddy

I (almost) always read every post on this thread. I don't comment on near as many as I have thoughts for. I usually don't have time to post a lot, I struggle to just keep up! With that said, I ALWAYS enjoy the humor.... Bunny's quick wit, SCGs unique views, Dude's unfiltered contributions, and many others..... they all make me smile, and sometimes, laugh out loud! Keep in mind that just because there are no direct replies doesn't mean that no one enjoyed your post.

Hmmmmm...wonder who would be good at that?.............

My family has gotten used to me sitting at the computer and chuckling every so often. They ignore me, except when I belly laugh, then smirk when I try to explain what was funny. You just have to be there............

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by