The Old Folks Home

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Wisher1000, Jul 28, 2012.

1. chickisoup

chickisoup one Blessed chicki Premium Member

GLOBAL WARMING, YES, PLEASE!!!! I could really use some global warming!!! it's 48o this morning and we are supposed to have frost tonight!!! Come on global warming!!!!

2. ozexpat

ozexpat CocoBeach Farm

I am not anti gun. I am anti-home-armory though. I have a gun permit in CA but no gun as I accidently shipped it to the Philippines (now my wife has a permit for it there)

Australia has also never been invaded by enemies with guns (we did have air raids and naval torpedo attacks in WW2)

Living on an island nation has a few perks.

3. chickadoodles

chickadoodles True BYC Addict

Feb 28, 2013
    South West Alabama
  4. chickisoup

chickisoup one Blessed chicki Premium Member

Yeah, same here. We only have a 90 day season too and had a super wet (aka snow/ice/rain) May then a hard freeze two days in a row the first part of June. We usually get our first "season ending" frost at the end of August (tho I have managed to get things thru it to gain another few weeks) with tapping frosts earlier. So far this year we have not hit 90o once and only reached low 80's a few days. We have been getting the miserable humidity as well, Us northern folks just aren't used to that!!! Florida can have it back!

Last edited: Jul 15, 2014
  5. ozexpat

ozexpat CocoBeach Farm

this just a baby typhoon.

July is our wettest month - we get an average of 15" of rain in july with 22 rainy days. Feb march and april only have 6 rainy days

We have already had our months quota of rain so this year is particularly wet

6. ronott1

ronott1 Daily Digest Guru Premium Member Project Manager

Mar 31, 2011
    Woodland, California
    My Coop
  7. chickadoodles

Feb 28, 2013
    South West Alabama

8. Bunnylady

Bunnylady POOF Goes the Pooka

Nov 27, 2009
    Wilmington, NC
    Having just had a brush with tropical weather myself, I really feel for you, Oz. Hope your family all safe.

9. chickadoodles

Feb 28, 2013
    South West Alabama
    Oz I do hope and pray that your family will be safe!

10. ozexpat

ozexpat CocoBeach Farm

as far south as we are - below the 10 degree line - it is extremely rare for our area to get hit directly by typhoons and even when we do, we are well protected by land mass and a mountain range they have to cross to get to us

now saying that, I just replaced the roof so it will probably be a banner typhoon year to test it out

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by