1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

The Old Folks Home

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Wisher1000, Jul 28, 2012.

1. vehve

vehve The Token Finn

I don't really remember what we did in high school math, but I think we mostly had algebra, trigonometry, analytic geometry, vectors, probability and statistics, integrals, differentials, logic and probably some more that I can't recall. I took advanced math though, which is pretty much necessary if you intend to study something semi scientific afterwards.

Here is the end test for advanced high school math from this spring (it's a national test). The assignments are in Finnish, but if anyone is interested, I'm sure google translate will make it understandable.

http://matta.hut.fi/matta/yoteht/k14p.pdf

On chicken related news, we got the Salmonella test results today, we have a clean flock!

2. chickadoodles

chickadoodles Overrun With Chickens

Feb 28, 2013
    South West Alabama
  3. chickadoodles

Feb 28, 2013
    South West Alabama
    Congrats on the wonderful test results!

4. vehve

vehve The Token Finn

Now that is one heck of a pool. I bet you could keep a couple of ducks in that nicely.

5. Sylviaanne

Sylviaanne Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 17, 2012
    Ozark, MO
    The first time I saw a Turken was when it hatched in my incubator. I thought something was wrong with it because the heat or humidity was wrong but the other chicks were fine. I got 2 of them in a swap I did and I wasn't expecting anything but EE chicks. LOL

6. dsqard

dsqard Crazy "L" Farms

Jun 11, 2010
    York PA
    I never did understand taking "electives" in college. It never made sense to me that classes that cost so much but have nothing to do with my degree must be taken. I remember when my brother was going for his BS for his RN and elected to take skiing one semester because he had to take an elective. Really, skiing is expensive enough. Add the cost of tuition to it? At least the online curriculums are going away from the silly elective system and are letting students concentrate their studies on courses that will make a difference in their career. I was actually happy to retake the English classes to refine my writing since I have to do so much of it during the day. I will also admit that the one elective that I selected because I had to take an elective was geology. I LOVED that class. I might take more classes just as a continuing education thing because I just find it fascinating.

13. Travel far and wide to see and experience many things but don't forget to look in your backyard too. Take the time to look for the wonders to be found there.

7. subhanalah

subhanalah Overrun With Chickens

I just have to say WoW

have you forgotten who said it? I would say definitely yes, lol

8. LindaB220

LindaB220 Overrun With Chickens

Aug 23, 2013
    Portland/Vancouver area
  9. vehve

vehve The Token Finn

10. chickadoodles

Feb 28, 2013
    South West Alabama
    @ozexpat I was just looking at some of your pics on your diary thread and I see you put in automatic water for some chicks.
    Do you have that blue pvc hooked up to a hose or a bucket or what and is that a shut off with the red handle?

I bought the pvc and nipples and drink cups and want to set up some simple system so when we go on vacation I wont have to worry about the birds not being watered.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by