The Old Folks Home

Need to rant, and where better?
rant.gif

This past few days has been a real electronics challenge for me here.
he.gif
First the wireless mouse dies... I replace that and the danged wireless router no longer works, so I have to use a network cable direct to the cable modem till I can get a new wireless router... Decide to get away from the computer for a bit and turn on the big screen (rear projection) TV and the danged bulb light is flashing at me and it won't turn on. I think, OK, no problem I have a spare bulb
thumbsup.gif
I get it off the stand and try to put the new bulb in and it won't go in... when I finally get it (I think ) in, it still doesn't work
somad.gif

I now have a new mouse, a new router, and a new 60" visio LED TV... So I hook the X-Box 360 back up (which I used for DVDs and Netflix and the grand kids use for kids games) and it doesn't work anymore either!!! So Now I guess I'll be back out to buy a cheap DVD player...

We've finally had decent rains here at my place. They talk about all this rain that Colorado has gotten but at my place I've had virtually NO rain all summer till the past few days I've been hit directly by big T-storms 3 days in a row, and I wonder if a lightning strike nearby caused all this.

In any event, these are all expenses I really could have done without thank you. <SIGH> OK, all better now kinda sorta... back later, off to wally world... again

edited to add: So went to the Xbox site for help, can't remember any of my microsoft sign in info so have to create a whole new account (grrrr...) finally re-enter all the info and all my personal life history (their database must be bigger than the FBI's!) and go through their step by step Q & A to try to determine the issue. The power converter is bad, so ordered a replacement paid the bill, have no idea how it will be shipped or when... guess I'll have to wait till the next workday - Tuesday to find anything out... I need a nap!

Poor lil sugar, this is my life story. Murphy's Law constantly follows me around. I swear it. Rest up and relax on the holiday.
hugs.gif

Quote:
...So every laundry day I'd hang a pair of clean pants on a hanger, drape underwear, socks and undershirt over it, wrap a button up shirt over that and slip a tie around the top of the hanger if it was a tie day. I'd hang a new one in the bathroom every night for the next day.....

No wonder he's an ex! At least I did give birth to mine.

dude, I actually have family in both Dothan, and Slocomb. I wouldn't mind moving up that way, but DH has 4 more years until he can retire, so we have to stay here for now.

I'm not liking the prices on land parcels at this time. Blank property, no well, no septic, no electric run to the property, and not cleared, is going for about $1,200.00 - $2,200.00 per acre for 5 - 10 acres. The places with homes that are in move-in condition with either a barn, or horse stalls on them, fenced, and cross fenced, cost about the same, or less than blank land.

Chickens finished their worming today, and got pedicures. I will be getting the koi antibiotics for my 1 rooster's feet this payday. I'm not sure why his feet tend to be problematic, but they are. He's the only one that ever has trouble.

Besides the 2/3 acre that I kept I sold 4 acres for $7,500 in a rural area outside of Shreveport. Of course we are sitting on Shale. The wealthy guy who brought it also bought a bunch of land from my folks about 10 yrs ago. He paid $2,000 an acre for about 50 acres. That supported us well during the twilight years of both of my parents. Land is funny, you think it's just land, but Mama and Daddy moved from Shreveport to Haughton 50 years ago this year and paid $135 an acre for 200 acres. About 30 years ago Mama started selling off long skinny 5 acre plots for $3,950. And she sold 8 of them I think. That's about the time I divorced and moved back to the "Hill" to be close to the folks. I sold up both houses and moved to an apt 3 yrs ago and finally moved in with my DD Aimee and her family. My health was bad and I thought "What the he//, I'll cut out legal expenses and give all my money to my 3 girls. So I did. The biggest part went to Aimee because I was living with her and helping her get her dog grooming business up and running. We moved back to the 2/3 acre. After all, I was going to die soon and wouldn't need the money. BUT, then I got better and healthier and happier and decided to live after all. Three years later I'm out gardening, raising chickens and happier than I have ever been in my life. Broke, yes, but the only thing I need it for is supplies for my chickens, coop, run etc. It's just money.
lau.gif

On my third cup of coffee and considering Hardee's for breakfast instead of cooking. I had a rough night. My four year old grand daughter spent the night and she didn't go to sleep (fighting it tooth and nail) until after midnight. "Sugar" is tired.

Then I woke up at 5am to help my oldest son get his clothes together for work. He's 17 but has ADHD and struggles with organizational skills. I try to let him do it himself, and he totally could, but I like for him to wear CLEAN clothes, not the first ones he finds. MY issue, not his.
hmm.png
He's a boy.

OH! And I have to brag on my youngest boy, he ran in a cross country race on Friday and finished ahead of all his team mates in his division. He didn't win the entire race, but came in about 45th out of 194! The funny thing is, he only runs xc to supplement his baseball training.

She calls me Sugar.
love.gif
Totally worth a sleepy morning.......

Congrats on both the job for the oldest and the Cross Country win for the youngest.

Besides the 2/3 acre that I kept I sold 4 acres for $7,500 in a rural area outside of Shreveport. Of course we are sitting on Shale. The wealthy guy who brought it also bought a bunch of land from my folks about 10 yrs ago. He paid $2,000 an acre for about 50 acres. That supported us well during the twilight years of both of my parents. Land is funny, you think it's just land, but Mama and Daddy moved from Shreveport to Haughton 50 years ago this year and paid $135 an acre for 200 acres. About 30 years ago Mama started selling off long skinny 5 acre plots for $3,950. And she sold 8 of them I think. That's about the time I divorced and moved back to the "Hill" to be close to the folks. I sold up both houses and moved to an apt 3 yrs ago and finally moved in with my DD Aimee and her family. My health was bad and I thought "What the he//, I'll cut out legal expenses and give all my money to my 3 girls. So I did. The biggest part went to Aimee because I was living with her and helping her get her dog grooming business up and running. We moved back to the 2/3 acre. After all, I was going to die soon and wouldn't need the money. BUT, then I got better and healthier and happier and decided to live after all. Three years later I'm out gardening, raising chickens and happier than I have ever been in my life. Broke, yes, but the only thing I need it for is supplies for my chickens, coop, run etc. It's just money.
lau.gif
I cant believe land is so cheap.

I am looking at some of the cheapest land on our island. 5 hectares (12.5 acres) with 2 acres arable rice paddies. The rest is hilly but could hold hardwood or fruit trees. No improvements and about 1/3rd a mile of mud road to the front gate. Its a bargain at $30,000.

Most arable land sells for $10,000-20,000 per acre.

We paid $5000 an acre for 23 acres, and were glad to have finally found some that we could live with and could afford. I guess it all depends on where you want to live.

No truer words typed. There's a one-acre parcel across the street from us for sale for -- gulp -- $160K. I hope that when the parcel adjacent to us goes on the market (if ever) that we can afford it....just because I don't want some neighbor in my business. But it's a rather hefty chunk o' change and especially for land in New Mexico.

Back
Top Bottom