The Old Folks Home

I'm glad to provide some entertainment! :) Oh man, I would LOVE to get live chickens as presents....or an incubator......or some lumber...... I did get a Home Depot gift card for my birthday and used that to build my brooder!
That is pretty awesome! I would love a gift card from a building supply store! How fun!
big_smile.png

We have this chain here that basically sells paper related stuff, some arts and crafts things, but pretty much their whole inventory is cheap, both pricewise and qualitywise. I don't think there's anything that costs much over 5 euros in there. And apart from maybe copier papier and pencils, nothing useful either. We used to joke that a 5000 euro non refundable gift card to there would be the ultimate present.

I am baking San Francisco style sourdough bread today.

I have a request for sourdough pancakes for tomorrow too.

Quote:

Sounds good. Except for the sponge. I have accidently eaten both natural and synthetic sponge. I dont always eat sponge...but when i do....i prefer O-CELO

Sounds good. Except for the sponge. I have accidently eaten both natural and synthetic sponge. I dont always eat sponge...but when i do....i prefer O-CELO
lau.gif

Sponge is a sourdough term--It is just bubbly dough not a real sponge. Kind of a descriptor of what it looks like.

Ruby is ok, poor dear had finally grown back her feathers after a stint in the ICU coop with the three other older girls, then she recently started her 2nd year molt...and now this. I hate the way young roosters will gang up on a hen. We processed three this morning and have three more locked in the ICU coop awaiting their turn tomorrow. Thought I only had five boys left but then one of the "girls" crowed. I haven't even had time to play with the piggies yet today.

Back
Top Bottom