The Old Folks Home

Pics
I now have kids!

They screamed the ENTIRE way home. But thankfully they were continent.

They got into their new home, immediately evacuated bowels and bladder and then started munching on their hay and some maple trees. They are the epitome of cute. The girl is a fatty.

They are so cute! I really want some goats! There much easier than the "kids" I have. You don't have to worry about cars or insurance, weddings, college, yep, I think your's are going to be much much easier!

yuckyuck.gif
lau.gif
So true!!

Wisher, I actually have the picture you are talking about printed onto canvas. Not as big as what you said mainly because I wanted to see the quality of the work from the site I ordered them from before I went bigger. I am happy with the quality now I just have to order some other prints in larger size. I did take all of those pictures. I have to say that mother nature made taking them easy. Every time you turn a corner it is different and you have to remember to turn around and look at where you came from because the views looking back can be just as spectacular. I also credit a very good camera. In fact I am hoping to upgrade the camera body before our trip next spring. I have absolutely fallen in love with our national and state parks and I am actually lucky right now to be in Utah (can you believe I said that?
wink.png
) because Bryce and Zion are a half day's drive away. SCG and I are hoping to get day passes to another area close by in Kanab. This one is controlled by BLM and they only allow 20 people into the area a day. If you get a chance, Google "Coyote Buttes the wave". It is so surreal that it looks fake. We are hoping to get lucky and get passes so we can see it while we are in the area. BTW, Mt. Rushmore and Yellowstone are awesome places to visit as well. If you get to Rushmore, you have to make the drive to Devil's Tower (remember it from Close Encounters?) since it is also in the area.

Arielle, I meant to comment on your hay suggestions earlier. I have no problem mixing in alfalfa and I think that is a good idea. I will keep my eyes open for some good stuff nearby. Yes, I am going to try to stock up enough hay to get me to next year's first cutting. I got here in April when I first moved here and it was hard to find anything. I plan on getting up to 300 bales in the barn (depending on the size of the bales) and then just keep stocking up as I can find stuff before October. After that, I probably won't be able to find anything that is good or reasonably priced. That amount of hay should carry me through, especially when you consider I am hoping that my DD is ready to receive her horse and one of the other horses I have this fall. Two less mouths to feed over the winter (especially since they are the two biggest horses) will make a difference but stocking up like they are going to be here just in case they are not ready for them. I won't ship them during winter, the road conditions are just too dicy IMO.

Hi Wisher! Thank you for the invite
smile.png

What a fantastic set of photos!!! I googled "Coyote Buttes the wave". What a breathtaking place!!! I want to see that for myself someday. My hubby isn't much for traveling. I have one (of 5) kids left at home. It's a very short 5 years until he will be off doing his own thing too. He inherited his Dad's "homebody gene" so I will have to wait a little while yet. There are so many places on my list, right here in the good old USA.

Wisher, the canyons we went to were Antelope Canyon and Canyon X, not the Grand Canyon. I have been there once, regrettibly for only a few hours but some day I will probably go back.
OK just remember you asked for it!
wink.png

Dsqard, your pictures are fantastic! What an unearthly place. It looks like some kind of heaven. Your pictures almost remind me of a Dali painting but with a warm, positive feeling instead of his usual mood. My parents went to Bryce and Zion on vacation a couple of years ago and loved it. This year they went to Banff in Canada to see glaciers and loved that, too. I'd love to have the time and money to travel some day. The world is a beautiful place.
love.gif

I'd love to have the time and money to travel some day. The world is a beautiful place.
love.gif

smile.png

What a fantastic set of photos!!! I googled "Coyote Buttes the wave". What a breathtaking place!!! I want to see that for myself someday. My hubby isn't much for traveling. I have one (of 5) kids left at home. It's a very short 5 years until he will be off doing his own thing too. He inherited his Dad's "homebody gene" so I will have to wait a little while yet. There are so many places on my list, right here in the good old USA.
I have to admit these are all places that I could not afford to go to until the kids were out of the house. I wish we could have had the money to take the kids places when they were younger. I am thoroughly enjoying finally getting to see them now though. DH teases me about all the pictures I take (I took 1785 pictures during our four days down in Page) but I look at it this way. I probably won't go back to these places and I want to have something to remember the absolute beauty I saw there.
big_smile.png

smile.png

In 5 years if he is still at home, have him house sit while you travel!!

Quote:
smile.png

I have to admit these are all places that I could not afford to go to until the kids were out of the house. I wish we could have had the money to take the kids places when they were younger. I am thoroughly enjoying finally getting to see them now though. DH teases me about all the pictures I take (I took 1785 pictures during our four days down in Page) but I look at it this way. I probably won't go back to these places and I want to have something to remember the absolute beauty I saw there.
big_smile.png
We travel via books, love National Geographic.

BIL is a photographer--about 1 in 10-20 shots are good, far less are great. With 1785 pictures you must have many great ones!

We travel via books, love National Geographic.

BIL is a photographer--about 1 in 10-20 shots are good, far less are great. With 1785 pictures you must have many great ones!
Arielle, that number sounds about right. I have quite a few that I am planning on getting printed onto canvas but I don't want to plaster the walls with them so only choosing the best out of the lot.

big_smile.png

Wait til you see how many I take. I only ended up with about 900 from the grand canyon - that was because my camera battery died. I will be so prepared on this trip. I might not have room for water with the camera batteries (and flares and GPS unit) that I'll be bringing!

The grand canyon was indescribable. You have to go. The pictures don't even do it justice. I just stood at the edge and gaped.

Back
Top Bottom