The Old Folks Home

Raining here. Got to sleep in a little bit this morning (although was still up at 0400 - without an alarm - to do the chores). Trying to get the Friday house cleaning chores done, and hopefully have an hour or so to sew before I have to head to work for closing shift.
I cleaned out the two duck pools this morning while cleaning up the kitchen. I kept an eye on the first pool, it was about getting full when all the ducks jumped in it and started happily splashing around. Their movement made the hose fly out of the blue tub and right into the empty black duck tub next to it... saving me a trip outdoors. Good job, duckies.

And... surprisingly, my turkey is STILL BROKEN.

That's sleeping in? I didn't crawl my lazy butt out from under the covers till 8:30....Lol
Glad the ducks are helping out. ;)
Sorry bout the turkey, I missed that post I think. What happened to it?

I went back to bed for a bit after the outside animal chores.

The turkey has been broody since maybe August of 2016. She's sitting on a giant pile of incredibly stinky, rotten eggs, and is a nasty piece of work. I had purchased her 2 chicks a few weeks ago, she spent a little more than 24 hours with them, before I pulled them and gave them to a new mom. The chicks didn't seem to break her of it. Now I just wait for her death.

Superchemicalgir, is putting her down an option? Poor thing. Her hormonal cascade must be agonizing for her and you don't need to have the crap beat out of you every time you try to take care of her.

I remember finding fleas in my carpet years ago.I finally tracked the source to one of my dogs who had fleas but not reacting to them. I tired everything to get rid of them but nothing worked until my vet told me to Frontline my dogs. He said it would take a few days but everywhere the dogs touched would be treated in the house and the fleas would die off. I was dubious but tried it and by golly, it worked. He told me to repeat the Frontline a week or two after the first application just to do a mop up but by that time the little buggers were gone.

Hey @Alaskan hows your dad behaving....?
Like a spoiled brat.

He refuses to eat or get out of bed and move if my mom isn't there holding his hand.

We had hoped to spend 1 to 2 nights a week with him, the rest off somewhere. ..so my mom could have a brake and my son who has never traveled could see stuff.

But my baby sister, even with threats and sweet talk and everything else she can think of, ...keeps striking out.

Back
Top Bottom