The Old Folks Home

Yeah, but where you are it's supposed to be 35 this time of the year, isn't it? If it was 35 here I would be thinking I was back in IL!

We were talking today and I told DH that the weather sure seemed nice for it being the middle of October already. He reminded me that we had moved farther west and some farther south from where we used to live......just enough to make a bit of a difference. Makes me almost wish we were farther west and farther south than we are!! I am just not looking forward to winter this year. The Farmer's Almanac is calling for a milder winter but a snowier winter for us. Usually where we are there is a lot of ice early on in the winter. I'd much rather have snow.

We've been 20's/30's at night but we were 70o today!!! Way too hot for my liking. Not supposed to get back to normal (aka 40's) until mid next week. I love Indian summer but really, pruning hardwoods in the heat is not fun. I'm so ready for some nice crisp fall weather so I can put the gardens to bed and plant the garlic without having a heat stroke.

Boy, after all the hurricanes, floods and fires you folks are going thru in the south and west this year, think we'll be happy to only have to shovel some snow. Prayers still going out for your all.

We've been 20's/30's at night but we were 70o today!!! Way too hot for my liking. Not supposed to get back to normal (aka 40's) until mid next week. I love Indian summer but really, pruning hardwoods in the heat is not fun. I'm so ready for some nice crisp fall weather so I can put the gardens to bed and plant the garlic without having a heat stroke.

Boy, after all the hurricanes, floods and fires you folks are going thru in the south and west this year, think we'll be happy to only have to shovel some snow. Prayers still going out for your all.
I planted garlic way early, had never planted it before. Don't know if any of it survived or what.

Yeah, but where you are it's supposed to be 35 this time of the year, isn't it? If it was 35 here I would be thinking I was back in IL!

true.... but it seams like the weather every single year is markedly different from the last. Almost never hit 70 though...even the boiling heat of summer in this area is usually only 65.

Back
Top Bottom