The Old Folks Home

Certainly not HERE!, I can now see the top of the buried propane tank, just the cover. That means still close to 18" of snow on the ground there.

Interesting that the feed store is selling what is a somewhat rare breed.
Some feed stores get chicks from local breeders.

Not near me though!

@ CapricornFarm have you heard any results yet? I hope everything is good.
Has anyone heard anything from perchiegirl I haven't seen her post on here in a couple of days.
Had baby quail, thought I would squish them too. Had on with splay legs, that was fun...NOT.
Still waiting:(

I broke 3 ribs sneezing once! Wrapping them is not a good idea because you can develop pneumonia.
Sorry about your plants , hope they recover.
I am nervously waiting on my report. And somehow i have poison ivy on my hand!

I have had broke ribs before and wore a rib brace. I know they don't wrap them any more usually. But the bone on bone movement made me sick at my stomach! They are not wrapped tightly just for support.

Thanks so do I.

Wow poison ivy this early. I'm sorry.
Nurses usually call after lunch I think. :fl

:hugs @CapricornFarm. I know what you are going through. I woke up this morning feeling like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders. I was so afraid they were going to tell me I had RA. Even though I didn't bat a thousand on my tests. I now know what I am battling and know that it is the same old adversary.

Not knowing is a cruel B****.

@chickadoodles. Pleurisy is no fun. And coughing until you crack a rib is even less enjoyable. Take care.

@ronott1, I just ordered some of those pills, @beercan and @bruceha2000, I'm going to squirt more olive oil down her today and until I get the pills. Hopefully that will mush things up enough that the impaction pills can move it on out. Thanks for the tips. I don't know what the little scamp has eaten. She only gets their regular crumble and pellets and Boss. I gave them old frozen eggs that I had scrambled the other day which went over real big. What grass they have eaten is what they can grab through the fence and that is only about an inch long right now. I just read that Marek's can cause their digestion to slow down and cause crop impactions so diligence is necessary.

I've tried to get mine to eat yogurt. They just dip their beaks in and shake it off. Maybe if I mixed it with another treat.

Last edited:
I have had broke ribs before and wore a rib brace. I know they don't wrap them any more usually. But the bone on bone movement made me sick at my stomach! They are not wrapped tightly just for support.

Thanks so do I.

Wow poison ivy this early. I'm sorry.
Nurses usually call after lunch I think. :fl
The doctor is supposed to call me.
THE WAITING IS KILLING ME!
The poison ivy is all over the place here. The leaves are not out yet but i pick up a lot of sticks and sometimes they are dead ivy stems with the oil still on them.

:hugs @CapricornFarm. I know what you are going through. I woke up this morning feeling like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders. I was so afraid they were going to tell me I had RA. Even though I didn't bat a thousand on my tests. I now know what I am battling and know that it is the same old adversary.

Not knowing is a cruel B****.

@chickadoodles. Pleurisy is no fun. And coughing until you crack a rib is even less enjoyable. Take care.

@ronott1, I just ordered some of those pills, @beercan and @bruceha2000, I'm going to squirt more olive oil down her today and until I get the pills. Hopefully that will mush things up enough that the impaction pills can move it on out. Thanks for the tips. I don't know what the little scamp has eaten. She only gets their regular crumble and pellets and Boss. I gave them old frozen eggs that I had scrambled the other day which went over real big. What grass they have eaten is what they can grab through the fence and that is only about an inch long right now. I just read that Marek's can cause their digestion to slow down and cause crip impactions so diligence is necessary.

I've tried to get mine to eat yogurt. They just dip their beaks in and shake it off. Maybe if I mixed it with another treat.
I hope she gets better!

Back
Top Bottom