The Old Folks Home

Go Dog, Go.

I still quote it to this day.

I'll randomly spout "No I do not like your hat. Goodbye, Goodbye"

People think it's weird. Most don't recall the book.

Got my treadle quilt done.

48359289_1940624679325417_8558559774298341376_n.jpg
48362338_1940624622658756_6853420477470212096_n.jpg
48411986_1940624585992093_4206894155462344704_n.jpg

Not sure what I'm going to work on next. I've got 2 tops that need to go on the longarm, one of which I have the backing and batting for, the other I don't. So, probably that one :)

My favorite was "Green Eggs and Ham."
DS 2 had Green Eggs and Ham memorized when he was 4. The result of chronic ear infections that winter and a lot of time spent in the waiting room at the clinic. As an adult, I found him a Green Eggs and Ham t-shirt. He wore it out.

45.5F here today at 3:05 pm Sun. beautiful sunny day dry,barely any wind.
Beautiful day here, too.

Go Dog, Go.

I still quote it to this day.

I'll randomly spout "No I do not like your hat. Goodbye, Goodbye"

People think it's weird. Most don't recall the book.

Got my treadle quilt done.

View attachment 1617766 View attachment 1617767 View attachment 1617768

Not sure what I'm going to work on next. I've got 2 tops that need to go on the longarm, one of which I have the backing and batting for, the other I don't. So, probably that one :)
Beautiful quilt, SCG! Almost makes me want to learn how to sew. (I tried it in 8th grade Home Ec. Took me an entire semester to make a wrap around skirt. I decided that sewing was not my forte.)

In College there was an English assignment to write an essay about a book that changed you life. I chose Green eggs and Ham because it was the first book I read on my own.

The professor was not impresses! I should have picked a Tale of Two Cities? Yuk! :plbb

Ma taught me this horrible song or quote one might call it got me in dutch in 1st grade
liquor was spilt on the barroom floor and the bar was closed for the night out of the came a little mouse to sit in the pale moon light he lapped up the liquor on the barroom floor sat back on haunches he sang bring on his da** cat

Ma taught me this horrible song or quote one might call it got me in dutch in 1st grade
liquor was spilt on the barroom floor and the bar was closed for the night out of the came a little mouse to sit in the pale moon light he lapped up the liquor on the barroom floor sat back on haunches he sang bring on his da** cat
:yuckyuck

penny, how timely. I just started teaching my grandkids
This is the song that never ends
It just goes on and on my friends
Some people started singing it not knowing what it was
And they'll just keep in singing it forever just because
This is the song that never ends
It just goes on and on................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Their mother laughed about it at first. Now, not so much.

So the closest approach of the "Christmas comet" was supposed to be tonight. I think I may have seen it, but there was no discernible tail, and it just looks(ed) like a star to me. https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/christmas-comet-46p-wirtanen_us_5c172b95e4b049efa753a332
:idunno Nowhere near the last "real" comet I saw back at the end of the 90s, I believe it was Hale-Bop and when viewed from out at sea and from the middle of nowhere in the desert of the SW, it had a tail that reached across the sky and was clearly visible to the naked eye and most obvious to see. I mean, there was no way you could miss it.

Back
Top Bottom