The Old Folks Home

My spring fever has started but ours is mostly outside work that is needing done.

We bought this house in the fall. It sat vacant for YEARS. the owners kept up the inside of the house but the land has been over grown for quite some time. We are slowly but surely clearing away all the crap, hauling loads of junk out of the THREE barns that are FULL. Nothing useful found yet...just creepy stuffed animals, dolls, rotten furniture, and junk.
sickbyc.gif

I can see in my mind how wonderful it is going to be when it's done.
love.gif

didn't realize it until after we moved in but there are NO outside water spigots on this house. ANYWHERE.
hide.gif

so DH is going to run me some water hopefully soon. Hauling buckets of water outside for the chooks everyday is getting tiresome. I try not to press him over it b/c he works 60 hour weeks and then comes home to work. but man oh man, when I get water we have to scrub the outside of this house. it is covered in green algae.

I just have to remember to pace myself. I have half done projects all over b/c I'm so anxious to get it all done now.
Oh Kingfrodo I can so empathize with you. The home we bought in 2008 seemed just perfect for us. The inside of the house was kept up as yours was but the land was just let go. We spent 4 weekends 12 to 15 hours a day just cleaning out one huge building. I think we hauled out 4 pickup loads of sawdust alone!
ep.gif
Of course it had walnut & cedar in it so it was no good to us at all. I can't even remember all the junk we hauled out of there and virtually none of it was useful for anything. The hayloft of the horsebarn was full of rotten hay, dead racoons, some rotted windows, and about 20 aluminum storm windows that no one wants. We are still beating back the brush that grew everywhere but it is really starting to look up now. I found tons of native flowers here and some not so native flowers. Just keep plugging away and you will get there.
thumbsup.gif

Here are a couple of shots after clean up. These were taken last spring. When we bought it the grass was over 4 feet high. It took forever to knock that down. As you can see we couldn't get a tractor and mower in to most of it to take it down. You cannot see the house from the road especially when the trees get all leafed out.

Quote: Oz, it's impossible to ignore you! But the folks on this thread are so chatty, by the time I get through reading what was said after you said whatever you said that was funny, or clever, or whatever, going back through 3 pages or so to bring it forward to quote is just like, "Huh?"
hu.gif

Oz, it's impossible to ignore you! But the folks on this thread are so chatty, by the time I get through reading what was said after you said whatever you said that was funny, or clever, or whatever, going back through 3 pages or so to bring it forward to quote is just like, "Huh?"
hu.gif
No worries.

I am happy to bounce along in my own little world.

Oz - Sometimes on this thread, I have to let certain comments go for fear of taking the final step on the proverbial slippery slope. If you don't believe that I am capable of losing my discretion, ask Bunny..............

If you two figure out how to make this happen, count me in! (Unless of course it's illegal, then I will have to publicly decline in which case, PM me.)
Jason is working on this for some of the Spanish Breeds. If he figures it out, I will let you know or send you a PM....

I just figured the others were just ignoring me again.

I really enjoy hearing stories on people calling trash tossers on their acts.

I have a similar rage for people who dont pick up after their dogs pooping in my yard.
Had a neighbor too lazy to go out with the dog so he would put it on the leash that stretched and stand at his door. We lived in a townhouse and needless to say the dog would come to our yard to relieve itself. DH said something to them and they said they would clean it up but they never did, so one day he raked it up and put it at the door where they let the dog out. They did not say anything but got mad when my husband put up a string between our properties to deter the dog because they continued with their practice. We got a really nasty vmail from his wife saying if we had a problem we could have talked to them......WHAT!? I guess we have to put it in a bag and set it on fire....which we never did.

Had a neighbor too lazy to go out with the dog so he would put it on the leash that stretched and stand at his door. We lived in a townhouse and needless to say the dog would come to our yard to relieve itself. DH said something to them and they said they would clean it up but they never did, so one day he raked it up and put it at the door where they let the dog out. They did not say anything but got mad when my husband put up a string between our properties to deter the dog because they continued with their practice. We got a really nasty vmail from his wife saying if we had a problem we could have talked to them......WHAT!? I guess we have to put it in a bag and set it on fire....which we never did.
Great Story!

Did they like the Casserole?

Back
Top Bottom