The Old Folks Home

Alaskan -
DH likes hummers. I like hummingbirds. (Hennible and Bamadude are probably snickering about now)
We have Rufous, Black-Chinned and Broad-tailed ones that visit our feeders. The Rufous are aggressive and the Black-Chinned are SO tiny. At any particular time there's five hummingbirds having an aerial dogfight in the peripheries.

Who doesn't like fancy hummers? (BTW these are not my photos, wish I could see these beautiful birds in person) Cyn great pictures. I should probably put out some feeders. I always hear them buzzing around when I am hiking.
Ron great news about the surgery! Hoping the recovery period is super quick! :hugs

Last edited:
Glad the surgery went well Ron. Hoping she has a speedy recovery

The Surgery went well. The tumor was the size of the last joint on the little finger. A normal parathyroid gland(there are 4 of them) is the size of a grain of rice! Her PTH was 200 during surgery and was 16 after surgery. The Calcium level at 5:30 last night was 9.2. The lowest blood test over 15 years was 9.9 and lately it has been above 11.

She already has lost the bone and joint pain. She slept better last night than she has in years and was able to do jumping jacks this morning. It is amazing how much better a person will feel when they are not being poisoned bye too much of an electrolyte.

She does have some healing and soreness in her neck and will need to recover for a week or so but is already much better!
I just broke my all time record for days without an infraction. Go me!
woot.gif
Way to go!

Last edited:
The Surgery went well. The tumor was the size of the last joint on the little finger. A normal parathyroid gland(there are 4 of them) is the size of a grain of rice! Her PTH was 200 during surgery and was 16 after surgery. The Calcium level at 5:30 last night was 9.2. The lowest blood test over 15 years was 9.9 and lately it has been above 11.

She already has lost the bone and joint pain. She slept better last night than she has in years and was able to do jumping jacks this morning. It is amazing how much better a person will feel when they are not being poisoned bye too much of an electrolyte.

She does have some healing and soreness in her neck and will need to recover for a week or so but is already much better!
:woot Way to go!
Wonderful news, Ron.

Back
Top Bottom