The Old Folks Home

Quote:
Um, then why have I always had it? I know I don't hear as well now as I did when I was Lsky's age.

why can't by brain play songs I like in my ears, instead of buzzing and crickets and other junk?

Now wouldn't THAT be nice???

Been having issues with an irresponsible dog owner a 1/4 mile away. I have been back and forth with her via text messages. A deputy sheriff friend of ours went to her house and tried to explain to her that (although we do not have leash laws) we can legally defend our livestock. That did not work. The dog was back the next morning. He was not able to get through the fence to eat the chickens. But his attempt and barking made 2 hurt themselves. DH was aiming at the dog but I scared it off.

Since the dog did not kill any of our chickens, I did not think killing it would be justified. So I called our humane society and asked what I could do about an irresponsible pet owners pet trespassing and injuring my chickens.

They said to catch it in a Missy Trap and bring it to them. Then inform the owner of it. If the owner wants to pay $35 to get it out they can. If not the dog will go up for adoption.

Chris and Chris Jr finished a less expensive version of the Missy Trap at 1:00pm. The dog was trapped at 2:15 pm. He was taken to the humane shelter. I texted her. She is angry because she wont be able to buy her dog back until Monday. She should consider herself lucky because I vetoed my Dh's solutions

And WHY does the person who has trapped the wayward dog have to inform the irresponsible owner? AT BEST, the HS should do it. The alternative is they MAYBE go to the HS to see if their missing dog happens to be there.

The "trapper/property protector" shouldn't be put in the position of possibly receiving retribution. Cage Deliver Shutup

for those dealing with the heat....

109 degrees today here
th.gif
(43 C)

Layin low here.

deb

92 here and it's to the point where i'm contemplating stripping down to my underwear, going down to the basement and laying on the concrete floor.

92 here and it's to the point where i'm contemplating stripping down to my underwear, going down to the basement and laying on the concrete floor.

Is that the indoor or outdoor temp? I just got the inside of my house down to 87*. Outside in the coop its still nearly 100* & since I'm not wearing a feather or fur coat I guess I shouldn't complain. Concrete basement floor sounds pretty nice right about now!

Quote:
Gawd that sounds good. No basements in most of California... or very few.
Quote: Here in Santee ouir microclimate that was outside... In the garage it was more like 113

at my house up near Boulevard It will be the same but there will be a relatively cooler breeze. But all in all everyone should lay low no matter where you are...

deb

I used to warn neighbors to control problem (Aggressive) dogs and the second warning included the words "If this dog comes on my property again i will chase it back to your house and shoot it on your porch if necessary, but i will shoot it". That usually solved the problem. I was a good shot. If the problem continued, it fertilized one of my trees. I have many trees and they all got fertilized. Last one i chased with a pitchfork and would have killed it in front of the owner if it hadnt outrun me. He saw the problem and got rid of it before any more incidents. I only shot very agressive or sick or injured dogs. The others i made more effort to resolve peacefully.

It was more rural back then. Too many eyes now and i dont own any guns anymore but i know where i can buy one if the problem returns :) Did you know you can buy pellet guns with more muzzle energy than a 22 long rifle, some as large as 30 cal. (Not cheap though)

Back
Top Bottom