The Old Folks Home

Hey Ron... how do I skip the sign in password on win 10? I looked when I first got it and gave up as I couldn't find a way to disable it... Your help would be greatly appreciated!
Turn On or Off Automatically Sign-in User Account at Startup in Netplwiz

1. Press the Windows + R keys to open the Run dialog box, type netplwiz or control userpasswords2, and click/tap on OK to open advanced User Accounts.

2. If prompted by UAC, then click/tap on Yes.

3. Do step 4 or step 5 below for what you would like to do.

10347d1421178055-sign-user-account-automatically-windows-10-startup-netplwiz-1.jpg

4. To Turn Off Automatic Sign in for All Users

NOTE: This is the default setting.

A) Check the Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer box, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot belowstep 3)

Garden is doing great, maters, eggplant, beans and pumpkins being the main focus this year.

Oh my gosh! Beautiful pictures! I have such "green" envy (no pun intended) for green plants, green grass, green trees... In my little corner of So Cal things are usually dry, dead & dirt especially in the summer. Even the picture you dubbed as "bad" is beautiful!
love.gif

@Latestarter Oh yeah, dogs are good, and better half too, even though she managed to fracture her hand a bit yesterday using a dummy launcher (Google it) the wrong way. Like Forrest's momma used to say, "Stupid is as stupid does."

@room onthebroom Yeah, I've finally got everything growing properly, but it's so cold here that it takes time. In your climate it's a lot easier, as long as you have a source of water. You guys will be constructing desalination plants soon... And I only meant the pic was bad compositionwise, and maybe the puppy kennel fencing isn't all that pretty either.

@Latestarter Oh yeah, dogs are good, and better half too, even though she managed to fracture her hand a bit yesterday using a dummy launcher (Google it) the wrong way. Like Forrest's momma used to say, "Stupid is as stupid does."

@room onthebroom Yeah, I've finally got everything growing properly, but it's so cold here that it takes time. In your climate it's a lot easier, as long as you have a source of water. You guys will be constructing desalination plants soon... And I only meant the pic was bad compositionwise, and maybe the puppy kennel fencing isn't all that pretty either.

Desalination is such a no brainer. We cant figure out whats taking them so long to incorporate that. We get a little bit of green in late winter/early spring. Its mostly weeds but we like to pretend its grass. Haha!

I'm thinking one of the problems is that even though California isn't that wide, it is a bit higher above sea level once you get further from the coast. Pumping up the water would be quite the project. If it would be the other way around, transporting the wet stuff would be a lot easier. Helsinki gets it's water from 75 miles away, using the worlds second longest water tunnel system (NY beats us by about 10 miles with the Delaware aqueduct). (Bruce, notice how I'm throwing around Finland facts inconspicuously)

Last edited:
I'm thinking one of the problems is that even though California isn't that wide, it is a bit higher above sea level once you get further from the coast. Pumping up the water would be quite the project. If it would be the other way around, transporting the wet stuff would be a lot easier. Helsinki gets it's water from 75 miles away, using the worlds second tallest water tunnel system (NY beats us by about 10 miles with the Delaware aqueduct). (Bruce, notice how I'm throwing around Finland facts inconspicuously)

Since you're volunteering Finnish facts, here's a couple random (probably stupid) questions; Is the water you drink glacier water? Have you ever seen an aurora borealis? Do you have periods of all sun & no sun (& if so, how does that effect the birds?)

Back
Top Bottom