The Old Folks Home

All the old folks in Florida will riot! That is crazy! Who is going to run to the pharmacy every 3 days?
HOnestly I do think that this is a good policy.. for the first 'script. THEN see if more are needed. To deal with smashed wrist ( kicked by horse) and other surgery, percoset was beneficial initially and during PT , otherwise Tylenol was my go to. Percoset made me sick as in nauseated. Fortunately I don't get addicted to the stuff.

In my experience the docs hand it out like candy and we need that practice to stop. Several pain releivers can be taken at high doses for a short time. Those are not OTC but are 'script only. Hmmmm, if I can remember the name.... not coming to me.

There are other meds that are more carefully regulated, at least here in Massachusetts ie Ritalin and COncerta. Only 30 day supplies, pee test, heart monitoring, new script every 30 days, follow up appointments.....for a condition that is for a lifetime.....

The president of the Buckeye poultry club is the man I bought my Buckeye's from.
He had a mild problem with Mareks. He bought some Black Spanish turkey to raise to free range with his birds to try to help his flock.
Chris McCary you might try to contact him and see if it helped his birds.
He's also on FB. I don't think I have his contact info any longer.
But I think you have such a bad case of it that I I don't know.
He only lost a bird now and then I believe.
I would not recommend penning them up together but they could free range together.
I tried to keep mine penned together and I caught one of my tom's trying to figure out how to breed one of my chicken hens. Some have lost hens to this.

Blackhead is something the turkey do get from being penned with chickens.
Ron is right. Less of a problem if they free range together.

might be able to find chris via his web page.....though I havnt looked for a while.

Fresh manure can generate 130 degrees and up! Block out the wind and it could possibly thaw your ice.
Here at a boarding stable I had Katee at we had what we politely called Bandini Mountain... Once it caught fire it never went out no matter how much water was put on it. I think it burned for about two years...

cracks me up because water is what started it.... Dry poo pile was dusty... Ranch put sprinlkers on it.... compost had mosture so the molds could start cooking...

It took two skip loaders and double load earth moving trucks three days to remove it.

Now all stables here are required to use maneur removal companies....

deb

HOnestly I do think that this is a good policy.. for the first 'script. THEN see if more are needed. To deal with smashed wrist ( kicked by horse) and other surgery, percoset was beneficial initially and during PT , otherwise Tylenol was my go to. Percoset made me sick as in nauseated. Fortunately I don't get addicted to the stuff.

In my experience the docs hand it out like candy and we need that practice to stop. Several pain releivers can be taken at high doses for a short time. Those are not OTC but are 'script only. Hmmmm, if I can remember the name.... not coming to me.

There are other meds that are more carefully regulated, at least here in Massachusetts ie Ritalin and COncerta. Only 30 day supplies, pee test, heart monitoring, new script every 30 days, follow up appointments.....for a condition that is for a lifetime.....
I think they should make it more difficult to doctor shop instead... getting prescriptions for the same thing from different doctors....

deb

that is where I had a better relationship with my old doctor he knew me and trusted me that is built over time not right away

Happy Birthday Cynthia12
Happy Birthday.jpg

Back
Top Bottom